Tire mounting/replacement

nater006

So... wanting to buy some equipment to do tires myself. Replacing, etc, that is. I have an ATC70 and ATC110 in need, and it would be very handy for swapping tires around on the Banshee. Someone posted a $40 tool from like.. Northern Tools or similar on here for breaking the bead and getting tires off the rims.

Anyway.. anyone got any info on this? Tried searching.. didn't find much but I probably worded it wrong :( Just looking for the best way to swap tires around with minimal effort (or chance of messing it up) and wondering what all you folks use.. the dealer here isn't much of an option.

nac's beadbreaker, best tool I've ever bought. Use that to break the bead and then 2 big flat screwdrivers to pop the tires off and on. Takes me like 5-10 minutes to jack the shee up pull the rear wheels off it, pop the beads, pull the tires, put other tires on, seat them, let the air out, throw them back on the shee and I'm done.

It's very portable and if you ride any rough terrain its a very very valuable tool. I've got my money's worth 20 fold out of it. I even made an extension piece that I change mudding tires with for trucks. (gotta break out the rubber mallet for that one

I have tried the one similar to the one you linked to at Northern and I wrecked the tire, the rim and the bead breaker and never got the tire off the rim. The Nacs style works great each and every time and is well worth the cost.

Ah, point taken. Was looking towards the Nac's one, though they're sold out on their online store. But, thanks for the advice.. will get something designed for ATV tires.