grips?

ok so i have tried everything that i can possibly think of to stick my grips to the bars and NOT ONE DAMN THING has worked... ive tried grip glue, hairspray, super glue, liquid nails, model glue, and a few other things, i glue them on, wrap them tight with wire, and let them set for at least 2-3 days before even touching them, and then as soon as i take and grab the grip, they both just slip off... anyone know any tricks to this? i know the stock ones had to be cut off, what does yamaha do? or could it be my grips? i use the cheaper, MOOSE RACING grips and they fit well, they just wont stay on.

thanks.

Well, I have cheaper aftermarket handle bars with a twist throttle. I used aquanet hairspray and it works great. But, for you I would take your grips off, sand paper the area of the handlebars (to get a textured pattern for the glue to stick to). and let them sit for a few hours or days if possible. Use the hairspray, or try whatever you have around the house that will get sticky.

Do you have teflon for handlebars or what?

Here's works for me every time

Get your grips and clean the hell out of them (on the inside) with Gas

then like stated before sand the bars a bit to give them texture(nothing sticks to a smooth surface well)

Next get gas and wet LIGHTLY the bars and grips

slide on

don't touch for 1 day

Never failed me yet

:cheers:

thanks guys, ill give some more stuff a try, and ill let you know. these things have become a real pain in the ass, i mean in the past, all ive had to do is spit on the bars, and slide the grips on and they never come off. i dont know, ill keep you guys posted, and thanks again for the suggestions

moose grips SUCK! i have a pair on my fat bars and they used to slip. the left one has split at the bottom, but after paint and wire doesent move, and the throttle is a twist, and when i put paint in there it messed up my throttle and i had to take it off and clean the paint off, and use glue, which is holding, but that trip tore in half. next time im gettin scott grips

I always get Scott Hurricane MX Grips. Really love them. I spray the inside of them with some chain/cable lube and slide them on...Let them sit for an hour or two and bam. They don't move. They like to turn while I'm riding...but usually only if I'm riding hard.