ILLINOIS residents

Well, If you register it into your name, you will have to pay taxes on it. The newer it is the more the taxes will be. They will estimate its value and charge you the taxes. I can understand why you would want to register it in your name (just in case it gets stolen etc.) But other than that there is no advantage in registering it. The state will get tax money for a machine that they provide no trails to ride. You will get a ticket if you ride on a road weather it is registered or not. I guess it would be like a bycicle, except the state provides trails for bycicles.

FOKERS.

I had mine registered in my name because i bought it new, but, I would never go and register it unless I was going to get some benefit out of it.

Also, You will need a proof of sales tax paid if you decide to get a sticker, in lets say, Wisconsin. Wisconsin has state funded trails. And you can get an out of state sticker for 15$ (I think) to ride their trails. If you dont have the "proof of taxes paid" then Wisconsin will charge you the taxes.

So if you are just going to ride on a farm or take it to some ATV parks like the badlands in Indiana, I wouldnt register it.

Sounds cool. I will be traveling agin for a couple of weeks (gotta earn some kizash). Anyway, I live in Oregon, IL. Its about 30 minutes from Rockford. There is a small but cool track to ride at, right near my house. Its called KITRACKS. They have a website. Cost is 10$ A day and 5$ per year to join their club.

If you guys want to hook up in lets say early September, I would definitely be down with that. Unless of course you guys have another place to ride.

• 6 months later...

I live in IL, bought my shee off a kid, told the bank it was for racing and had not been titled. They gave me the loan, I never registered it because this bullshit state gets enough taxes off shit they shouldn't. So fuck them.

p.s. I live in Spfld, I would love to ride sometime.

Woah :whoa: I may be the closest one to you. I live near Gurnee Mills/ Great America. Anyway... since you are a rich boy {yes I know there are alot of million dollar homes in Barrington} you should have nothing to worry about :)

I'm just messin' with you man. In reality, you should pay to get the title in your name. You will pay about $35 in tax. Here's why... You will not be able to insure it which is a must. The other thing is that if you ever plan to ride in wisconsin, you will need proof of ownership and proof that you paid tax. If you don't have that, you will need to pay tax to Wisconsin <_< .

Send me an email and we'll talk. Maybe we can get together and ride some time.

IHRbearings@peoplepc.com

Shit! didn't think about that impounded reasoning. I may just have to go get it titled inmy name now, I have been known to hotlap it around the subdivision up here in barrinton. It pisses the stiffies around me off, but I don't do it often. Any way I wanto hook up with all you locals around here for a rides oon, I'm waiting on my new rear tires now. :bolt: