Need help

QuadMX

Alright. I had a buncha trojans and a few worms...And some other shit on my computer for the past 3 days. I finally downloaded AVG antivirus after I couldn't get the download update for Norton. Well I've been scanning the shit outa my pc lately and it comes up with nothing after I got rid of all those infected files. Ad-Aware 6 keeps coming up with about 40 files that are bad everytime I restart so I get rid of them. Well I'm still having hella problems with this thing and I can't seem to get it figured out. Anybody with knowledge of computers please help cause I'm definitely stuck in a corner here. Thanks a bunch.

Bob

If you are running XP:

1. Disable your system restore (worms and virus's can stake out in those files and wont be found by the scanning engines)

2. restart your computer in "Safe mode" (during the boot up sequence hit F8 and you should have the option to restart in "safe mode"

3. once it is in safe mode, run your scanning engine (make sure the DAT files are updated).

This should take care of your isses, but:

Some worms must be removed using a removal tool, you can usually download them from Symantic or Mcaffee. Example the Netsky worm needs a removal tool. Just do a search on Symantic or Mcaffee for the name of the bug you have.

Good luck

Yup, what the above said. Download all the latest stuff (definitions, etc) and boot into safe mode (f8 during bootup). From there, you should be able to completely scan and eliminate almost anything. The Stinger util that Led linked to is really good, also, if you don't have a virusscan piece of software installed.

Also, if you know exactly what worms/trojans/etc they are... such as Sasser.. you can get specific tools for each if one or more is giving you trouble. I think Mickeysoft came out with a Sasser removal tool.

Don't forget to patch your system after cleaning 'em out or you'll have to do it again.. :wacko: