Craftsman jack adjustment?

Got this Craftsman floor jack.. its new but came w/o a box. Anyway, on the jack, it says to read in the owners manual about adjusting the air vent -- which, of course, didn't come with. Anyway so it doesn't lift very high, guessing it is because of the air vent deal. I inspected it really carefully and there were no leak marks from oil or anything leaking out.

Anyone know how to adjust these? Its the 3 1/2 ton floor jack.

Edited by nater006

It has something to do with taking out the rubber plug, where the oil goes, and having it completely collapsed, adding oil, or jacking it all the way up, and adding oil, then putting the plug back in.

What you might do is look up craftsman on the computer, enter the model # , they might have a manuel on here.

It has something to do with taking out the rubber plug, where the oil goes, and having it completely collapsed, adding oil, or jacking it all the way up, and adding oil, then putting the plug back in.

What you might do is look up craftsman on the computer, enter the model # , they might have a manuel on here.

Sounds like it is servicable then... good deal. Got it just recently and finally need to use it and its irritating. Tried the manual thing... to no avail. They didn't have diddly on their website, and couldn't find it elsewhere in my searches.. not yet, anyway.

Sorry to say brutha. but, I will give you my experience with the craftsman 3.5 ton professional jack I bought. I got it new. I needed a second jack in the shop. They had a deal at the store, for the jack and some nice jackstands. I bought it. I got it home, and 3 days later, went to use it on a lift I was doing. Well, the fuckin thing didn't work. It was the one pump from down to saddle up to the vehicle. Well, that worked, but it wouldn't jack the vehicle up. It would go up a litle, and then come right back down. Not all the way, the saddle would stay on the vehicle, but it wouldn't "jack". Anyways, I did the bleed thing. SEVERAL times. It consisted of pulling the plug out, and jacking the handle with the valve open I think it was.... Either way, it said it in the manual. It did't work. I took it back. Did a little bitching, and got a swap out. Brought the new one home, and PRESTO, worked flawlessly, right from the get-go. I have ALOT of Craftsman tools. Everything I buy new usually comes from them..... Unless it's a specialty item.... Because I don't have a Snap-On or Mac truck coming to my place twice a week. If I break a tool, I need it. Running to the Sears store is much more convenient thhan tracking down the tool dude. Anyways, Maybe you need a new one..... Mine did the EXACT same thing you are talking about........ :ph34r::cheers:

Thanks boon... I tried *everything* last night with it and it just doesn't work. It'll do the "one pump to lift" deal.. and i can stand on it and SQUISHHHHHHHHHh it goes right back down. Bad seals or something. Its going back tomorrow after work. Thanks a ton for the advice!

That could very well be. Actually went in there after the 4 ton one but they only had the 3 1/2s in stock, and only one left at that. Definitely something wrong with it, like a bad seal or something.

Just have to say that I love the feature that raises the jack to the vehicle (or whatever) in just one pump. Its spiffy.