running with tors disconnected

this might be a stupid question. can you run with tors still on shee but disconnected something in them not right. shee runs good at idle hit gas and bogs out run without tors and runs great. I was wondering cause do not have money to get removal kit. so what i need to know is can i go with it for a while.

ok i think there are 4 plugs you can disconnect on your banshee. there is one for each carb, which im guessin you disconnected. then there should be another one in the engine area and then one up front by the radiatior. do you have them all disconnected or not? if not, which ones are disconnected???

this might be a stupid question. can you run with tors still on shee but disconnected something in them not right. shee runs good at idle hit gas and bogs out run without tors and runs great. I was wondering cause do not have money to get removal kit. so what i need to know is can i go with it for a while.

The tors can commonly fail even on a newer shee. The first thing I do is disconnect it. You don't need it to run and you don't need the tors removal kit to do it...The tors removal kit is only different carb tops....Just disconnect the two plugs on the carb tops, the black box above the left exhaust (3-wire plug) and the parking brake switch....Just disconnect the factory plugs and your mint.

Yes, you can run without it completely removed. I have been for 4 years. I electrical taped the ends of the connectors just in case I would ever want to hook it up again, or sell it (NOT). I am just too cheap to get the removal kit.

Edited by dogboystoy

sounds like fireing to me you may just have a plug goning dead or you cdi may be goning out but i had a 2002 mess up like thta once and it was the stock kill stuitch set up it was grounding it self some how ??? but it would only let me rev like 2,500 rpm to test this take the kill stwitch off and start it that how i found the on on customers but first thing i do to new banshee is cut tors wires and take rubber out of stock clutch system hope this will help you later andrew wv banshee :bolt: