Whats the best compression tester out there?

I was told that the Snap-On tester was the best and only one to use. It's the only Snap-On tool I have, and it wasn't cheap. Works great, I used a cheap Craftsman tester before buying the Snap-On and it doesn't show the same results.

Don't know if there are others of the same quality or not, but I wanted to know for sure my exact compression.

I have a Craftsman compression tester and it works fine. From what i understand is that as long as you can figure out the compression on both cylinders all you need to know is if there is a difference in compression or not to see if you need a top end rebuild.

I have both a snap on and a craftsman and i get the same readings on both. As for the question on (Are they metric?) they read in psi's. If you are talking about the threads for the spark plug holes, dont worry about it the kit you buy will have one to fit your hole. make sure you use one with the same length thread as your plug so the piston doesn't make contact with it. May sound stupid, but i've seen it happen.

I have seen 2 kinds, one (like I have) screws into your spark plug hole (the best kind, IMO), The other hast a rubber end and you hold it onto the sparkplug hole, pushing on it to make a seal. But that takes 2 people on a banshee.

The one I bought from napa cost me appx 40$, works great. has a long lead hose to move the guage to a spot so you can see it. The kit also came with an adapter so that it can screw into 3-4 different size holes. I noticed :cheers: that it doesnt work with a Yamaha Warrior because the sparkplug hole is too small for the tester. But, it works great for the banshee.