Trail tech

They are awesome! Brighter than stock! Can see for a mile if possible! They are easy to install! Direct replacement on a Banshee. Also waterproof! If you have any problems the customer service is excellent with replacement parts too!!!

Whats brighter than stock? This is an aftermarket computer for the ATV.

bansheeman454- I just bought one off ebay for 77$ shipped. I will find out how they are. I will have to go to the website and see what they say about water proof. They have to be though, its going on an ATV. The only thing is, They do sell alot of spare magnet pick ups. I hope they dont break easily.

The Trail Tech computers are going for $75 at RockyMountain, that's without all the billet.

Not everyone's cup o' tea, but the Garmin Etrex GPS is going for about $78 at Amazon.com, this GPS is waterproof, no installation required, can be used on another bike, car or handheld, and with all the obvious advantages of GPS.

It doesn't come with the handle bar clamp as standard supply though, the clamp is $13.99..

Worth a look, IMO the Trail Tech is just a glorified cycle computer...

In fact you can also go the cycle computer route if you want, before I had the GPS, I used a CatEye Cordless 2 Mountain Bike Computer, worked like a charm, installation of the proximity switch sender unit was a bit tricky, but it is a pretty clean install with no cables...

Average speed, you can find a 2 mile section of trail, reset the Average speed and hammer as fast as you can through the trail, when your done it tells you your Average Speed. Race the same section again and again trying to increase your Average Speed.

Max speed. Marks the maximum speed you hit. Don't have to look down at the 'puter, just press a button when you come to a stop and bam, there's your max speed.

Speedo. Duh

Odometer. Duh again.

Trip Time(Stop watch)

Ride Time. Resetable hour meter

Accumulated riding time. Hour meter

Distance

Lubrication reminder. Programmable

Maintenance reminder. Programmable

Speed Pacer, little arrows that flash telling you if your riding slower or faster than your average speed.

Auto Start\stop, as soon as you start rolling the speedo fires up. Set it on Stopwatch and it starts the watch as soon as you start moving and stops it when you stop the quad.

Only problem I had with mine is I lost the little magnet that you epoxy to your brake rotor, so I took my speedo off for all last summer. I just bought the billet speedo mount with the headlights so the speedo's back on. Last week I got a new magnet and this one you DON'T epoxy the magnet, you replace one of the front disc mounting bolts with this nifty magnetic bolt. I havent' programmed it yet since I re-installed mine. I took my tire measurements on Sunday, but haven't converted the inches to MM's yet. Im gonna need help on that.... buddies. :)

OOOOOo yea, one more thing. They ARE bike computers, Trail tech makes em for bicycles and they're nearly indentical and cheaper. I seen em at Wal-Mart about 2 years ago, and they were $19.99 and it was identical to the ATV speedo they sell. I havent seen em at Walmart in along time, but I'v been watchin' Walmart cause I want to put one on my sons Blaster.

I think the only difference between the bike ones and ATV's ones is.... the sensor cable.

I took my tire measurements on Sunday, but haven't converted the inches to MM's yet. Im gonna need help on that.... buddies. 

Meat I got you covered, take your measurement (in inches) and divide by 25.4 25.4mm = 1 inch. :dance:

I didnt know they had cool lights too. Nice.

I was going to get the Garmin legend but, I could only find them for about 160$ at the cheapest (which is fine). But I had wanted this speedo thing for the past 2-3 years, I just never got it.

I know that with the GPS, you have to watch what you buy, The article I read said that you really should make sure it has 12 channels (I guess to pick up the satelites), so that you would not loose signal. And I also heard that you really should have at least 8 Megs of memory. The one I was looking at came with 8Megs and was expandable. I think there are several different version of the Garmin Legend so that is another thing to look out for. B)

GPS is the way to go. The Trail Tech I'm sure would be nice, but the fact you can take the GPS with you when you go is nice.

I'll agree with that, I have a cheap GPS and its fun as hell. My buddy has a nice one, paid around $300 for it. It has a nice LCD that plots out his course. He uploads it all into his computer and you can see everywhere he rode, every turn in the road. He has his mounted on his V-max streetbike.

Dunedemon thanks thats the exact info I was looking for. The directions tell me to put a mark on my front tire and roll the quad so the mark on the tire makes one full revolution. Put marks on the ground where start the roll and where you finish the roll. I got 67-1\4 inches. Trail tech doesnt tell you how to convert inches to MM's tho :blink: , they just tell you to measure in inches and then convert it to mm. I'll do math asap, thanks again.

I just got my trailtech a few months ago, and I love it. I also use it to gauge how far I can travel on a tank of fuel. I know that it's an exact measure for how far I can go on a tank, but it's nice to know when to start looking.

As for GPS, A friend of mine just got a pair of Garmin Rhino's, and their totally awesome. Somehow you can prograqm the others persons info into it and then you can track it. He takes his it out on the dunes when he rides alone, so his wife could locate him if he were to get hurt, and they also have a 2-way radio built in.

Guess I need to add another gadget to my collection.....

Here's some more info http://www.garmin.com/products/rino120/

Edited by dnhyoung