Noisy Clutch

Well heres what im up against. I recently installed a tors removal kit on my bike. After I was done with that project I pulled my clutch cover off to polish it. Once I was done with that (about a week later) I installed the cover and fired the bike up. Well I had this bad chatter coming from under the cover. I pulled the impeller cover off thinking the stock impeller was hitting the block off plate and it looked as if it was, so I went to the local parts shop and bought a pro design impeller and installed that. Put it all back together and fired it up again and still have the same horrible chatter that won't go away. So I thought I might wanna change the impeller drive gear. When I went to the dealer to get that I took the old one with me and they seemed to think mine was fine so I scratched that idea. I told them my issue and the guy told me that the clutch probably dried out while I was polishing my cover. He said its probably toast and I should have removed my clutch plates when I was polishing that and soaked them in a pan of oil. Does anyone think this is right? I took it out tonight to try and ride it and I could hear this horrible noise over my T5s revving. If I can get some input that it is the clutch thats making all of this noise I will gladly replace it but im tired of these problems. I love my bike and want to ride it so all help would be awesome. My fiance and I just bought a 96 shee and I wanna be able to ride with her....Thanks

Well no one has replied my post but I thought id let you know that by total coinsidence that the skirt on my right piston broke and thats what was making the noise. Strange, ran fine before I did the little amount of work and broke hard just sitting there. Oh well this is the norm in the 2 stroke world!!