Clarke 5.5 Gallon Tank

If your not that serious about the look of your shee when you have the tank on (I take mine off and on depending where I'm riding), then do a search function on here in the for sale or whatever and see if anyone still has their IMS for sale.

With either tank your gonna need either a rox riser or an extended steering stem.

I don't know anything about the Clarke tank, but I just got the IMS 5.6gal one. It is butt arse ugly and you do have to cut off the strips that would come back and wrap around your original tank(I'm sure the Clarke is the same). I have an '03 banshee with the higher bars, no problem clearing the tank lock to lock steering wise. Also not real impressed with the exposed bolt holes on the sides of the radiator shroud, not used and not hiden by the bigger tank. Otherwise having extra gas is a good thing on the trails. I've got a race cut front plastic on it's way so I don't have to cut my original. From some pics I've seen after purchasing mine, the Clarke looks nicer.

With either tank your gonna need either a rox riser or an extended steering stem.

Damn I hope not!

I've ordered the "natural" colour, hopefully it's transparent so I can see the fuel level. Not too sure how it's gonna look on a white shee though...

Any photo's will be most welcome!

they dont fit, and they wont stick, i had stickers on mine, and for some reson the bastards would nver stick so i said f*ck it, i later found out, i belive boonman told me, that the tank "breaths" so nothing will stick to it

Yup, found out about that when I tried painting my CR500 tank and it all bubbled up. They *do* make sticker kits with pinholes in them all over, like the one that came off my CR500, which seem to work well on tank plastic.

I got the 5.6gal IMS tank (yellow). Seems to be nice, just need a 1" spacer for the bars now. But yeah, as everyone else mentioned.. its fugly.