Spark Plugs

mrmatt

I have run both and noticed no difference. While on the spark plug subject, where do you guys buy 'em and how much do you pay for 'em?

I usually buy mine at the dealership for about $2.40 a plug but have been unable to get there because they now close earlier <_< So, tonight I stopped by an Advanced Auto store and got 'em for $1.68 a plug :D

Like they said, the R is for resistor. You don't need them as long as you have the stock plug wires, because the plug wires have resistors in the end. if, for some reason, you have different plug wires, or are unsure, then you should run the BR8ES.

Like they said, the R is for resistor. You don't need them as long as you have the stock plug wires, because the plug wires have resistors in the end. if, for some reason, you have different plug wires, or are unsure, then you should run the BR8ES.

Yeah, what he said

Run eiher. UNless your worried about them making static on your CB radio, or making it hard to hear the handle bar mounted Stereo, just get which ever cheeper, or easier to find.

I get the b8es plugs for $1 each, and the br8es's are about $.40 more.

What about br9es? I was told that they have a cooler spark and they keep your motor cooler but does that even matter and does it even help with performance, or does it take away power?

that's complete bullshit. a cooler plug is not going to make your engine run cooler, in fact, that's so ridiculous i almost want to laugh.

a plug's heat range has to match the heat of the combustion chamber. the "heat range" is actually the rating as to how fast the plug disperses heat. if it doesn't disperse heat quickly enough then it will melt, if it disperses heat too quickly, then it won't get hot enough to get an efficient spark. That's why you must match the heat range of the plug to the heat of the chamber.

the only way to know if your plug is the correct heat range is by looking at the ground strap at the tip of the plug. there is a slight color change that occurs on this strap. If the color changes near its end where it sits over the center electrode, then the spark plug heat range is too cold and what you're seeing is the color changing due to the heat transferring too quickly. If the color changes color near where it's welded to the base ring, then your spark plug is too hot and what you're seeing is a slower heat transfer from the ground strap to the base ring. Ideally, you want the ground strap to change color at about the half way point, about where it makes it's 'L' shaped bend.

That would be the only reason to change heat ranges, do not change, unless your plug color shows it is necessary.