Opinion on color

I'm preparing a new frame, a-arms and swingarm for my banshee and I'm having trouble deciding if I want the a-arms and swingarm color to match the frame which is blue or the plastics which are white. I plan to stay with my white/blue theme, but just wanted some opinions. What do you guys think?

I'm in the same boat as you thinking the same question. I plan on a new frame, a-arms, swingarm this winter. I have the 87 red and white plastic and red frame white J-arms and swingarm. I plan on the 04 or 05 frame in red and have been thinking that I would go with red a-arms and swingarm because I ride alot of grassy trails and the white looks pretty green when I get done. I've also thought about the red frame and blue a-arms and swingarm too just to mix it up a bit. What kind of frame and a-arms are you planning on? I plan on stock Yamaha frame (I was told $553 at the dealer) and Janssen A-arms and swingarm.

I bought a used stock 2002 frame from zilladude. I'm going to be using stock a-arms for now. I was going to get some +2 arms, but I recently bought a wheel kit from Rocky Mountain ATV with steel wheels. They already set the front tires out an extra 2 inches on each side.

This may sound like a dumb question but I know nobody with chrome around me. How does it hold up to grass and mud compared to powder coat. To be honest I've always thought chrome was more for the dunes and show. As long as it can hold up to riding around my parents farm then I'm up for it. I've always been told you had to polish chrome all the time.

Also I just noticed that Janssen is offering triple plate show chrome is that worth the extra $150?

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

My personal oppinion on color schemes... This is what looks best, IMO.

Frame color = X

Front Plastics = Y

Radiator Plastics = X

Rear Plastics = Y

Upper Arms = Y

Lower Arms = X

Swingarm = Y

Seat Cover looks good when you combo X and Y, and then add another color that just makes it flow.. Often a darker color.

Darrin

DD, do you powdercoat, and if you do, how much for dollar bill green with bassboat flake, double cleared, on a 4-seat rail?

Sorry brother, Powderchrome only. But I do know some great conventional powder coaters in the area (So Cal) where are you located?

if you do anythign make the a arms and shit a different color than the frame. i think they look wierd when everything is the same color. but yea like evil said, chrome is nice too :drool:

Mine are the same color (bought it that way)... too much of a red tube look.