4mm Stroker

I was at the Walden Sand Dunes in Colorado this weekend. Met a guy down there with a 4mm stroker kit, CPI in frame pipes, milled head, port/polish, v force reeds, and a lockout clutch with that cool see-through window. That thing was awesome. He was doing hills out there that only one other guy could do, and he was on a quadzilla all decked out. He couldn't afford a new swingarm yet, so he was doing wheelies everywhere. Pretty cool. Got the front end up in 4th gear in a drag. Had 20" paddles. Went up to talk to the guy, and turns out I went to high school with the dude! I was like "hey I know you!" He let me ride the beast, and I am convinced that I want a stroker kit for my banshee. Since my engine is all tore apart on my work bench anyway, I figure I might as well order up the parts. Has anyone had any experience with T5's and a stroked motor, or should I go with those CPI pipes he had on his? Wadda you all think I should dump into my banshee? :headbang:

I am running t5's on my PassionRE stroker and it hauls ass, I would imagine that it would run even better with the cpi's though.

I think locogato made the switch hopefully he will chime in. (umm mabey it was rockets he was running, i donno :rolleyes: )

i ran t5s with my 12 port passion stroker for about a week while i waited for my rockets and it ran really good. when i got my rockets and put them on it made a huge difference. i had so much more on top it wasnt even funny. it really depends on what you wanna do with it. if you dont think youll need crazy top end speed then youll be fine with the toomeys. if you wanna go all out then id go cpi's or run some rockets. personally im glad i got my rockets. i think they look better than cpi's plus everyone and their grandma doesnt have them.

Shorty's Racing is building me a 4mm stroker right now. Can't wait! :drool: They sell CPI inframes for $550 and %10 discount on your first purchase so it comes out to $525 shipped. I don't think that deal can be beat. However, when I talked to them they said that the rockets will do better on motors with port jobs that are NOT for all out drag racing (they don't sell Rockets so they told me this even though it was probably killing their sale). The guy that answers the phone everytime I've called (Bill) is a friggin banshee motor expert so I'll give them an A+ for customer service. He said that where the CPI's shine and do better than the Rockets on a full drag port or a highly built drag motor. I believe that on a stock port or mild port the Rockets come on earlier and smoother and rev a tad bit higher too. That's what made me go with the rockets, also to save the %10 discount with Shorty's because I knew I'd be getting a stroker after not too long. I was planning to do the motor work myself but with all the overtime I'm working this month and with rest of the work I'm getting they're only charging me $120 for tear down and rebuild, so it's time saved and money well spent to me. Also, they sell the 4mm stroker cranks for $450. The only bad thing is that they don't post on the BHQ like PassionRE, but when I went to PM and email PassionRE with questions both mail boxes were full and not taking any more messages anyway.

Shorty's Racing

what cranks are in the 4mm motors that you are getting?i made 77rwhp and 43 ftlbs with my 4mm and split a wiseco crank right on all the welds.when i tried to get them to fix it they said that it wasnt meant to make that kind of power and spin past 10,000rpm.luckily my builder was a cool guy and replaced the crank.

i also wanted to know if you can run one with vito's super stock pistons. the vitos stroker says in the ad that you can use existing rings and pistons but the one on the website says you need a certain wiseco piston, i don't know if they are the same or not thou cuz the one in the mag says it comes with a plate and the one on the sight doesn't, you buy it seperately