CR250 w/ CR500 motor?

Got a CR500 motor lyin around at home that i picked up a while back but never used for anything.. its a 93 I believe. Anyway.. a friend just messaged me that he's selling a newer CR250 with a grenaded motor. Wondering how well the CR250 and CR500 engine will go together, if at all... only ones I have experience with are the '90-91 500's and no idea on the 250s. Anyone got any info...?

im not 100% sure about the cranks, but i know the crank bearings are the same. this makes me think the cranks are the same, and if so i dont know why the rest wouldnt be about the same. only problem i see is that the 250 is gonna be smaller comin out of the cases. the cylinders wont interchange. i bet the gears and all are pretty close to the same, but the cylinder isnt gonna bolt right on there. as for making the cr500 engine fit into the 250 frame you shouldnt have much problem unless its an aluminum frame and then you have to have someone who knows aluminum make any needed changes to the frame. i bet case wise they are almost the same.

I'm working on building a cr500af (new aluminum frame)with a 2001 frame. Go to the cr500 riders forum or Larry's cr500 forum. There are pics on how to build a bike with the parts you got. These sites are like the HQ only for cr riders.

Sweet, thanks! Will check it out... got a link to the CR500 riders forum, per chance?

locogato, the frame is alum. Just lookin to drop the entire 500 engine in, intact, but not sure what mods the frame would need or similar. Will check out the CR500 riders forum though and see what they've got to say...

thanks again!