modified shift star

Rounding the edges, improves the shifting. This can be done on a bench grinder. Or, you can use whatever you want. I sand them off, and then I throw it on a jig in the lathe, and make sure it's perfect. Then, I put it in a vertical mill, with a .500" solid carbide 2-flute end mill and backcut neutral .080", and .210" deep. Works perfect every time. Takes about 45 minutes for me to do a shift star. The "right" way. :cheers: Feel free to PM me for more info......

To be honest, I didn't really notice my Banshee being easier to shift after I had my shift star modified. This may be because I wear riding boots and I can't feel much through them. But, the fact that I can now find nuetral was worth every penny spent. My Banshee had gotten to a point where it was almost impossible to find nuetral, now it is soooo easy to find. Thanks Boonman.

Mrmatt, I couldn't agree more. I got a modded one off of fleabay a while back and tossed it on. Could tell a difference.. much less clunky to shift.. and neutral.. holy cow the quad has neutral and not just when going like 40mph or when turned off and unloaded on a flat surface and I shift it in with my hand... ;)

Go to "piant" with the original picture, crop out the unwanted detail so all that's in the pic is the shift star.

Go to the image button, scroll down to strech/skew and shrink the pic a little bit at a time until it's 50K.