SREDISH!

im a big fan of windows...i am an adict of "the right click" and without it i feel lost. also, another big thing is you have to buy everything, because there are not many users sharing mac files...as a system it is good, but the amount of users/software is also key, and thats just not there yet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant run windows on a mac...that would be like....wrong. OSX is badass, he'll do just fine. and if you need any coaching during your adjustment period sredish, you know how to get ahold of me.

and legend, on a mac the right click is just click and hold or control click. and trust me there are pleanty of users sharing mac proggies and no shortage of software. everything is better on a mac.

im a big fan of windows...i am an adict of "the right click" and without it i feel lost. also, another big thing is you have to buy everything, because there are not many users sharing mac files...as a system it is good, but the amount of users/software is also key, and thats just not there yet

any application thats for windows can be found for mac granted theres not 30 thousand word proccessing apps for mac but how many choices do ya need, all the office crap is written for macs and for years adobe didnt write shit for the pc, they saw the market, photoshop, illustrator, quark, all the good audio,midi,film and video editing software all started on the mac, if you need windows that bad run it on a mac, games are twice as good on a mac...... a 2.5 megahertz mac is still almost twice as fast as the fastest pc, boots in half the time, no microsoft bullshit poping up every other click, no virus messages, symantic wrote norton for the mac, now that its written for a pc everytime it runs on one it claims your pc is fucked, all those useless pesky messages just piss you off, left click, right click, macs are either single or double click, drop and drag, another trick windows copied, if microsoft wouldnt have riped off apple a pc would still be DOS, but apple stole it too so.........

you cant run windows on a mac...that would be like....wrong.  OSX is badass

well if he does need to run some crap like peachtree, or quickbooks cause his office is on it, he still can with virtual pc, although filemaker pro is way better

they have quickbooks for a mac..

but lets be honest here...once he gets a taste of panther, he wont be going back. that would be like fucking a crack whore after being with...uhh you know, some hot chick who isnt a crack whore

lmfao

:lol: now now girls and boys, if we can't play nice... :rolleyes:

At this moment, there is only one thing that I'm not going to be able to do with the mac OS, and that's run my Microsoft Visio. If no one has ever used that, then your missing out. You can design "stencils" to use as drag-and-drop items in a larger drawing. For instance, if I'm drawing an equine facility, I have wall lengths and barn items already drawn that fit my type of construction. Instead of drawing them repeatedly, I just drag and drop them into place, so my drawing is already done, I just have to fit the pieces together in the way the customer wants. I have over 250 individual items loaded, that I've personally drawn and put in my stencil folder. I honestly don't think I could do my job without it. I imagine there are other programs that are similar, but I have so much time invested in the putting together the stencils that I shudder to think about doing it again with another program.

Anyway, I'll be setting up with some Adobe stuff that I can do a lot with and I've got my eyes on a couple of different drawing programs for Mac. One that comes to mind is MacDraw, so if anyone has any experiences with that one, I'd love to hear.

Brooke, did yours come with a Quickbooks version loaded? It mentioned some Quickbooks stuff on the Apple site but I couldn't find out if it was loaded or not. That is another program I have to have to live well.

If I remember what the apple guy said, they've installed a "right-click" option in the Mac OS X Panther, but I may be wrong. Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited about the new setup, I think I'm gonna kick myself for not doing this sooner.

:headbang: Just pulled up the order status. SHIPPED!!

Bye all, remember to play nice and all, no :cry: !!

...once he gets a taste of panther, he wont be going back. that would be like fucking a crack whore after being with...uhh you know, some hot chick who isnt a crack whore

lmfao

for some reason, I like the idea of both of those.... :unsure:

what sort of drawing are you doing?

and quickbooks comes i think as a free trial..i dont think its a full version, but i could be wrong.

shitloads of 2D floorplans, horse barns, houses and such, some pretty plain, and some detailed as you know what. I also do 2D elevations and some 3D elevations, interior and exterior. Most of my drawing has to do with construction.

sounds like CAD work. no? do you make them for the construction purposes or visual/reference purposes?

Brooke, I do it for both, for the construction detail of some of our projects and for the visualization for the customers. It gets tedious as shit, but it's cool to see some of the finished projects. We have architects we work with but sometimes they're a little on the steep end for some of our customers when I can put something together and bill them for half and it goes into my pocket. ;)

Blue Deuce, thanks for your input with the VirtualPC, to Brooke's dismay, I will probably have to test that out for my Visio setup.

sounds like CAD work. no? do you make them for the construction purposes or visual/reference purposes?

Brooke, I do it for both, for the construction detail of some of our projects and for the visualization for the customers. It gets tedious as shit, but it's cool to see some of the finished projects. We have architects we work with but sometimes they're a little on the steep end for some of our customers when I can put something together and bill them for half and it goes into my pocket. ;)

Blue Deuce, thanks for your input with the VirtualPC, to Brooke's dismay, I will probably have to test that out for my Visio setup.

it will work fine, even regonize pc hardware either usb or firewire, read pc disks fine, load virtual pc, double click on it, then it will ask for a windows installer disk, real simple...i run auto cad in windows on my mac fine also.....