Boss intake systems

Klotzban1

Cant stand them.

They come with cheap rubber boots that crack all too soon ( buy genuine Mikuni ones for 40.00 to fix) and require that you goop them with sealant so they don't leak.  Other than that,they are pretty good. :down:

Buy UPP or buy Chariot . Chariot comes with high quality boots and UPP are one similar to factory style , which have less areas that can possibly leak.

I got rid of UPPs because I didn't like the plug hanging up on the clutch arm. I would buy a boss intake again. The rubber boots don't crack they get cut by over tightening the hose clamp. It is worse when you spill fuel on them because it softens them up, making it even easier to do.

I got rid of UPPs because I didn't like the plug hanging up on the clutch arm. I would buy a boss intake again. The rubber boots don't crack they get cut by over tightening the hose clamp. It is worse when you spill fuel on them because it softens them up, making it even easier to do.

Not true. Ive seen them crack when they were tightened properly. the same amount any other intake can handle,,why cant Boss handle it? you can compare them brand new side-by-side with genuine Mikuni and tell the compound is not the same.

And what use is an intake that isnt resistant to gasoline, one that softens when exposed to gas??

And they are NOTORIOUS for leaking,even you have stated that they have to be sealed so as not to leak. why go through that when there are perfectly good options that dont have those problems?

Also, Ive NEVER had UPP intake rub the clutch arm,if anything they angle up just a touch too much..for CPI inframe anyway. They fit perfect for Shearer inframes.