coolant burp

racer

everytime i ride the damn thing it burps. no matter how long i ride for, even after five minutes (+warmup). i recently rebuilt the motor and also got a PD head and impeller with engine ice, but i am running 19cc domes. howver it still isnt running right cause only fires on the right side most of the time. i realize that its 95 deg. outside but im in the open running at a good speed getting plenty of air over that radiator. could the reason behind the overheating be, because im making that other side work so much harder? the only reson i run it on that one cylinder is becuase im try things to fix the left one and have to run it to try it out, so dont think that im tryin to be like a blaster. :lol:

wouldnt it be smoking oddly

nope, not nesessarily...

I had this happen to me twice now. I had a gurgaling sound when I shut it off and I was finding that it was going through coolant. I found both times that it was the head gasket. I took my head off and you could see black marks on my head gasket where the exhaust was entering the coolant.

What happens is when you rev it up to a decent rpm and your head gasket isnt perfect it will allow exhaust to enter the coolant and pressurize the system causing coolant to leak out the overflow. ride it a little then take your rad cover off (being careful of course) and see if there is much pressure in the coolant. If there is try to look at the coolant with the motor running and see if you see any oily residue in the coolant (sometimes you can see this)...

try this and get back to us...

since you have an aftermarket head you may be able to take it off and see if there is any black marks on the top of the cylinder from exhaust entering the coolant Idk I have a stock head... try it

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i broke down the head today and i found that i had not one, but two torn o-rings on the head. one on each side. the torn ring on the left side was the one that is actually the base-type gasket, the one that seals the head to the jug. the right side that had gone bad was the one that seals the dome to the jug. anyways im thinkin that somehow this might have somethin to do with my leaky cooling system.

does anyone know if this might also affect engine performance, if so where would the loss be noticed. thanx a lot guys.