has anyone here run rocket pipes

i really love how they look but im wondering if they are mostly a dune or drag pipes. i do alittle bit of everything here in massachussetts. powerlines, woods, and sandpits mostly. will they give me added lowend compared to stock or all topend and mid? I wanna run my banshee stock for now its an 04. but eventually ill do the filter pipes and rejet. i want a do it all pipe, are the rockets geared more for just draggin and dunes or are they a do it all pipe?

o yeh man, i do remember u...hows it goin....um im pretty sure that there is a post sum where in Images, or General Discussion that has alot on rocket pipes..i remember comin across it sumwhere...so look around...im sure sum1 woll get bak to u on this post tho

~tom

pm Minkia38 hes a dealer for em. and from what i hear from him there badass and work amazign on a ported motor. i think they make em for the rd or rz motor swap too

He had mentioned before about shipping a set to try, and if you didn't like them, you're just out of return shipping costs. If he still has that going, well, you can't beat that deal. Can't think of many performance parts you can try before you buy.

i dont think id run them on a stock banshee. what do you plan on doing to it? porting and shit? if not id go with either some t6's or t5's. the t6's are supposed to work very well on stock engines, but the t5's work well with some porting. it all depends on what you wanna do later on. plan ahead.

man for me i think stock is plenty fast, but ide love some pipes. dont plan on doing a hole lot. but trust me i know me and that couold all change. i just have a feelin that after you start messin with pistons porting and reeds and all that stuff your just asking for small problems and headaches am i wrong? it always runs mint now thats its stock

man for me i think stock is plenty fast, but ide love some pipes. dont plan on doing a hole lot. but trust me i know me and that couold all change. i just have a feelin that after you start messin with pistons porting and reeds and all that stuff your just asking for small problems and headaches am i wrong? it always runs mint now thats its stock

pipes do not mean problems. as long as your jetting is right on you wont have any problems. get some pipes, air filter and then rejet. you will not regret it. it will run even better than it does stock.

do you think rockets are too much pipe for a stocker though, i like t6's and i know there good for stockers but i might do engine work in the future

yes, id say the rockets are too much for a stock engine. if you wanna addlater but dont wanna get crazy now, go with some t5's. they work well with a stock engine and even better with a ported one.

I have Rocket pipes on an RZ motor. It has some fairly agressive porting done, but still no where near a drag port. I only had my exhaust raised slightly (@196* exhaust duration, 128* transfer duration, 130* boost port duration. Intake floors dropped 3mm), so I may not be able to rev the pipes as high as they can really go.

They pull pretty good down low, probably close to CPI's. Unfortunately I had my CPI's on stock ports, so I did not get a chance to really see them shine. I have noticed a loss of bottom end compared to the PTR mids that were on this motor, but I kind of expected that. They start to pull hard in the midrange and rev out as far as my motor will.

They fit great and for big pipes I don't burn myself anymore than with other pipes. They work great, I would compare them to CPI's if I had to make a comparison.

I took this part from a different thread, but the pipe builder gave these specs for the correct porting for these pipes.

Rocket pipes need to have the port timing @200 ex, and 134 tr, upswept angle @ 3 degrees MAX ) 0 Degree is best , And ports pitched to center, Dia of ex outlet@38 dia .Make sure All tr's open @ the same time!.

broke

Edited by broke