Banshee Sprocket

Yesterday I was clocked at 85mph in less than an 1/8 of a mile and I was granny shifting!!

I want my Shee to run over 100mph so do I need to add or drop teeth on my front sprocket?? Either way how many do I need to drop or add?? I still got the stock sprockets on now!! Tell me what I should do!! Thanx for the help!![

I want my Shee to run over 100mph so do I need to add or drop teeth on my front sprocket??

First lesson in speed - your rear tires will only spin as fast as the engine will rev. That's where gearing comes in, you'll need to get tires spinning at a faster rpm with the same amount of engine rpm. Next, we need to figure out what gear ratio will give you the necessary gearing to allow your tires to spin the necessary speed at the same rpm. Keep in mind, the higher you gear, the more power you'll need to pull it. A stock shee getting to 100 is much harder than one with pipes and other mods, if a stock shee can get there, it's been so long since I've ridden a stock shee. :rolleyes:

Well, BenBB just happens to have an Excel sheet with all the figures plugged in, all we need to do is type in the front sprocket, rear sprocket and tire size and it will automatically give you the mph, at a given rpm, and it shows it in 1,000 rpm increments. No banshee owner should be without this file.

Click here to download the Excel sheet (props to BenBB and his site for the link). Then play with the tire sizes and sprocket sizes to see what will work best for you. Here is BenBB's site for more info.

For example:

Front sprocket : 16

Rear sprocket : 40

Rear tire size : 22"

This will give you 104mph in 6th gear at 10,000 rpms, given perfect traction, of course.

Later.