Cell Phone Internet Connection?

Does anyone know if there is a good cell phone service that provides an internet connection? I looked into this a couple years ago but could only find the service available in heavily populated areas like NY and LA.

I used to be able to do it with my Sprint phone. Just take a look at the optional accessories before you buy because Sprint is great about having a "full featured" phone but not having the accessories to use the features. I had a Touchpoint and later a Kyocera that I could hook up to my laptop and be surfing in just a few seconds. My new phone has a Palm OS and will connect also, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet and the need hasn't been there.

Later.

I got internet on my Nextel but it is limited. I can get my email, weather and few other things sports scores etc, But it does not disply full web pages. I can get full service but it is really expensive. Be carful and ask around so you can get the most for your money.

I know most of the verizon plans come with it. You just have to buy the 40$ office kit. That will allow your computer to connect to the phone, and it gives you some software to make it work. You will use your minutes, but if you use the nights and weekends, you will have more than you need. The connection speed is like a 14.4 modem. If you buy the high speed wireless connection package for 70$ per month, you dont use minutes and its a high speed connection. And for 70$ a month it is unlimited (better be).

Dave,

My Verizon Wireless phone does it for "free". I have just the basic phone service @ $35/month. Got the USB connection kit for like $20 offa Fleabay. I don't pay for their internet service -- using the service my work provides me, I can just use the phone in modem mode and dial to that number. Technically no phone company should charge you extra, because its just air time you're using, whether it be for voice or data -- which is more or less one in the same.

Anyway if you already have a dial-up service, that might be something to look into. Pretty much free, save for paying for the minutes and dial-up service through whoever. The speeds suck, also, but its functional for checking e-mail, lite surfing, and so on.

Edited by nater006

I just went out to the Verizon web site then called them. Verizon doesn't have coverage for my area. That sucks. It sounded pretty good.