what to do when you first get a shee

im plannin on gettin a 2001 banshee and i was wonderin what are some things i should do when i first get it. i cant really buy any parts for it except some pretty cheap ones cuz im using all my money on the shee. any tips will be appreciated.

thanks

Get some clean underwear. If its running right it will be a highlight of your life. I still remember the first ride on my banshee. Hell we even got the cops involved with that one. Just get used to it, then worry about modifying it later on unless you got some good experience.

Air filter replacement for sure. The beast needs to breathe. Also if you are used to a twist throttle get a Motion Pro throttle. I went from dirtbikes to the Banshee and it really gave my thumb hell. :bolt:

First you need to get a manual for it. You should read the manual and make sure it is safe to ride before you even start it. No brakes and stuck throttle are no joke for an expeirenced rider let alone a rooky. By getting a manual you can lessen your chance of getting hurt and not being able to ride.

I agree with pimp559, you need to know about your bike. After time with it you will be more in tune to what its doing and notice even the smallest problems. Eventually you will have been through the bike so many times you wont even touch the manual, but in the begining it is a good thing to have around.

Because it's used I would check the fluids and probably change the oil that way you know you changed it and it's new. Put new plugs in, too and take the old ones and put them in your toolkit like sredish said. Also, if you ride at night bring a small flashlight with you. Maybe get a pair of goggles. And a repair manual. Check it over before you drive it, check the front end, the rear wheel nuts (they tend to some loose) and the axle nuts. Enjoy your shee youll love it! :headbang: