Cut the front fenders

Im having a hell of a time deciding, i can see there defintly robbing speed on top end becuase they look like there gonna rip off when ur in 4th and 5th gear ( havnt been in 6th just got it).. The decision is killin me I like the look of the alba red flame greaphics on the black bike but I like how they look with cut fenders.. One more question my banshee is a 97 and is ported polished, has fmf gold series pipes and powercore 2 silencers, has a noss cool head for 93 octane pump gas, and has reed spacers, and it bored 60 over i belive, and a few other things i cant think of, but with all the added hp would it be a good idea to put a wieco trued and welded crank in there or will i be fine for a while?? 1 more question would a hot rods trued and welded crank give any power or only if i go with a 4mm.. Im definatly not in any need of any more power, neck snapping powerband is no lie and dam this things fast but i dont wanna spend my money of something that wont even make a diff not that i need any more power :whoa: .. Hard to follow 2 questions in 1 post but thanx for any help..

Edited by Bansheeman1121

Well as far as the cut fenders goes Its all up to your personal opinion. I personally dont like the looks of cut front fenders on a banshee. I have a red alba flames graphics kit on my black and white shee. I know I might be loosing a couple mph on top with my fenders but then again Im not getting mud,rocks, or sand slung up at my face either. I really like the looks of a banshee with the fenders on, thats my opinion. as far as the crank. I would have your stock crank trued and welded, I dont think you will get much or anything from a different brand, someone correct me if IM wrong??

Depends on how you cut them! Some trimming is OK but hacking them off almost all the way looks like sH*t! The question you need to ask yourself is am I willing to sacrifice looks for a few mph on the top end? How often are you completely tapped out anyhow? I'd bet not too often. I would not hack em'.

chop 'em! bought mine with cut fenders (crappy cut job) and compared it to a similar looking one with uncut fenders.. and man I wouldn't go back to those if i could (just cut teh current ones better! hehe)

like 99% of my mud/etc that gets me is from the rear tires anyway :)

like 99% of my mud/etc that gets me is from the rear tires anyway

Yep, I have almost no fenders on the front but most of the mud comes from the rear tires. I wasn't going to cut mine but I came flying up a hill and right at the top a gust of wind caught those big fenders and damn near flipped me over. I haven't missed them at all and it's nice to see the front tires when you are out in the woods dodging stuff.

you ever ride your shee with cut fenders and are in a muddy field and go to look where your turning.....9 times out of 10 your gonna get a big ol face of mud.......

Mine are still on for good reason. I do have a pair I'm cutting for dry conditions though.

you ever ride your shee with cut fenders and are in a muddy field and go to look where your turning.....9 times out of 10 your gonna get a big ol face of mud.......

Too true,

I really like the looks of the cut fenders but I didnt like the idea of getting a face full of mud all the time, so I forked out $80 and brought a set of maier race cut fronts, now its just 6 bolts and I can choose depending on the conditions.

I wasn't going to cut mine but I came flying up a hill and right at the top a gust of wind caught those big fenders and damn near flipped me over

I have had this happen to me also but it comes in handy when you are topped out and you go buy a group of people and you pull on the bars the the front end floats up at near 90mph people are very impressed.

Take the front fenders off completely and go for a ride. Then you'll know how dirty you will get. I recently cut my fronts fenders off and I don't have a complaint and I ride a lot of mud. When the tires are straight, all of the mud and water goes beside you. To keep the mud out of your face on turn, you can simply slow down or move your head a little to avoid the mud. I'm even considering cutting my rear fenders off. :o

Thanx I think im gonna buy a cheap pair of blk fenders, theres just somthing about bien able to see the front tires that makes the handeling a whole new world.. Not to mentio yesterday when I draged my buddys kx 125 and was doin somewhere beetween 80 to 85 i thought the front fenders were gonna rip off (not to mention i smoked the bike in my second day on the clutch hes had his bike for about 5 months) But anyway I like the mx cut fenders look not the miaer plastic look, I just cant get my self to cut those buetifal alba red flame graphics :unsure: