october coalfest?

A good example is to use Hatfield McCoy trail system as your basis. That area was pretty much abandon, but because of the miles and miles of trails at a reasonable fee, the local biz is loving it. And it's really changed that area. PA is got to get with it and take a hard look at the potential out there for the local economy. We do 2 trips and year to H/M and never get tied of it.

Actually there is miles and miles of trails outside of the Tower City riding area. Local cops don't mind as long as you cross the road on a 90 deg angel. Stay off the roads and your fine. We pull up to gas stations and local restaurants without any problem. We're up there every other weekend. There are some areas to camp but nothing that can support a lot of people in one area.. they are spread out. There are a few killer hills one called the widow maker, and other smaller play area all throughout that area. Parking is an issue, I just couldn't tell you one good area that can hold alot of cars/trucks.

I only have access for a few trailers, it's though a local company and the space is limited. Other than that you take your chances parking on the train tracks or off-roading it with your trailer. This really depends how many riders plan to show up.

This is the Beaver Meadows / Hazelton area...we actually park in Weatherly and ride from there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I didnt read the whole thread...but I just read in a few different ATV mags about a few clubs getting to ride on old coal territory and other private lands by agreeing to keep the place clean. That is, clean up after the scumbags who litter and dump on that property. In exchange for that the owners allowed access to those said club members only.

Might be an idea for the "CoalFest " area and trevorton as a whole. I think with a little help from locals and and a small club fee to be used to fund the land and clean up it might be a worth while cause.

Its at least a try.

Nick