october coalfest?

well me, as long as others are wondering if theres gonna be a october coalfest. ive heard rumors and i wanna see if they are at all true, cause i really wanna make it to one of these things! so any info would be great if ur gonna do it, all the hard work is done, the mapping n stuff, now all you gotta do is group up the people again i guess, right?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutly want to have another fest, and your right... all the hard work is over. Me and RustyRider04 were back up to camp coalfest on wednesday and picked up every little peice of garbage we could find, we got about 3\4 of a bag full of garbage....... thats NOT alot of garbage considering how many people were there.

But we have a problem folks..... as you all know, it is illegal to ride in "the strippins" where we held the last coalfest. There has been a few incidents lately that are causing the coal companies to crack down on offroaders.......

1. Around 5 weeks ago, a group of young teens were playin' around one of the strippin' holes near Mt.Carmel(20 miles from Coalfest camp) and one of the boys fell down into the pit. Broke his neck. Dead. He was only 12 or 13 years old.

2. The weekend of Coalfest, one of the mining operations was broken into, and some tools and shit stolen.

3. Also on Coalfest weekend, there was an accident at Coal Hill. It happened on Sunday afternoon, while most of us were back drag racing at camp. From what I heard.... a guy wrecked his quad and broke his leg really bad. Compound fractures and lots of bleeding. They had Life Flight land at the softball fields right near Coal Hill. I heard the state cops arrived and were kicking everyone out of the Coal Hill area. This all went down on Sunday (6\6) around 6pm.

Here's the big problem. The Shamokin news paper printed a statement from the Reading coal company this past week.

QUOTE:

READING ANTHRICITE NOTICE

No Trespassing Notice signs have been posted on all Reading Anthracite Properties.

State police and Local police were contacted and they will arrest all violators, NO EXCEPTIONS. Anyone ovserved removing signs will aslo be charged with Criminal Mischief. Reading Anthracite Security Patrols and the police will concentrate their efforts at sites in Treverton/Zerbe Twp., Coal Twp., West Cameron Twp. & Mt. Carmel Twp. where violators have been observed.

This is not good folks..... Around every 3 years they crack down on trespassing and its right about the time they start up again. Looks like we can't pull off another Fest without having some sort of permission from Reading Coal. I want to attempt to hold a legal Coalfest and we've been planning on how to go about doing so. Iv heard that Reading will allow passes if there is a donation going to a charity. Every spring someone holds a big ride and they dontate the funds to the cancer society. Im going to have to contact Reading and get more details. I also heard that everyone must sign a waiver.... which im sure no one will have a problem doing so.

We need to start up a "fall coalfest" thread and if everyone is serious about coming back for CF 2, I'll have to start working right away.

thoughts ??

QUOTE:

READING ANTHRICITE NOTICE

No Trespassing Notice signs have been posted on all Reading Anthracite Properties.

State police and Local police were contacted and they will arrest all violators, NO EXCEPTIONS. Anyone ovserved removing signs will aslo be charged with Criminal Mischief. Reading Anthracite Security Patrols and the police will concentrate their efforts at sites in Treverton/Zerbe Twp., Coal Twp., West Cameron Twp. & Mt. Carmel Twp. where violators have been observed.

ah,shit.

i think that would be a great thing to do.donations for a great cause,riding without the fear of being arrested,everyone who is to attend the CF2 would make out,all the way around.money drives and benefit rides are always good public relations for any cause and god knows us atvers need all the help we can get.i wouldnt want to see any other state to become as strict as New Jersey,on atvers but yet yeild some of the most diverse riding on the east coast.sorry for the rant, scott

i think doin a cancer or someother type of ride like that would be great, it sucks taht there cracking down, but like you said, if you can make it legal by doing a run like this or something i think it would be great, lets get this thing goin!

i'll deffenitly be there!!!!!!!!!! this time with a little more hp, 4mm stroker, advance timing, lighten flywheel, bigger carbs, and maybe a bigger port!!!!!!! Very soon !!!!!

We gotta have another COALFEST is was awsome. I'll donate 100 bucks more if i have too just lets get this thing going!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT MEAT!!

That would be kind of cool to see a legal ride, whether or not its for a charity. I think it could bring respect to our hobby/lifestyle. Perhaps even see if you could get some major sponsors and get it headlined in a local newspaper or something.

Maybe you could do a ride for Ahlzimers. If you get pulled over by the cops and they ask if you have permission to ride there you could tell them "Yeah were riding for Ahlzimers....I think....Hey, How did I get way out here anyway??"

go for it man, if you make this an anual event then ill come over from scotland in a few years time! which im planning to anyway id just make it a must!

definatly go for the charity thing! make it a charity thats not quite a big 1 so you would be doing something very good. multiple sclerosic is on the rise and my dad is in a wheel chair with it.....there no cure......a charity that needs money to fine cures!

bring on the coal fest!!!!!!!!

Hey meat,

I live over near east camron and I know for a fact that one of the guys that live up in Locust Gap area got pulled over by a reading cop on his quad and the was in a ford explorer. The guy bullshitted his way out of it said he had a pass to hunt and was checking it out the cop knew better than that and said anyone out here on anything is going to get a fine. Well, the reading cop said that the fines would have came out to around 400$$$. So what is in the paper is really happening. That is a great idea what you guys have in mind with the next one. I think it would go over good.

I was out there this weekend and saw nothing. Ya never konw though!

Later.

dennymc21, did ya ever notice that every so often they crack down on us hard.... and then its cool again for like a year & 1\2. They're just crackin' down right now.... give it a few weeks and you won't see any coal cops. I was talking to a guy who rides a 4x4 atv and he ran into the reading coal cops two weekends ago and the security gaurd let him go with a warning.... he said that he was let go because "he's a local and they're looking to bust the riders from out of the area".

I'd really like to make it the strippins a legal legit riding area, like the guys did at Tower City and Rausch Creek. Both those places are built on old coal strip mine land, Rausch Creek looks just like "the strippins" and its one of the biggest offroad parks on the whole east coast... and RC is only 4 or 5 years old.

I'd like to be the guy who gets the land open for the thousands of offroaders who ride here illegally. Its my... destiny :ph34r::rolleyes:

I hear that Reading Coal company has an office in Pottsville. Syntaxx.... your from Pottsville, do you know anything about the coal company's Pottsville offices ??

Do you guys think I should pitch the "benifit ride" idea ?? Or should I have a different strategy ??

smokin350, you don't need a stroker........... your 404 was smokin' the strokers... you were smokin' everybody on Sunday at the drags. Thats' right folks, I seen it with my own eyes..... Vito's 404 banshee beatin' the 4mil stroker in 300 feet. :cheers::P

03 ORANGE SHEE, I hear that SyntaXx and xcracer will also be riding this upcoming weekend. I have plans for Saturday.... we're going GNCC racing in Maryland this weekend.... The Wisp !! I'll be out riding Sunday tho if you guys are still around.

I really really want to hold another fest..... I had a great time meeting and riding with everyone despite the rain. Could ya's picture all the dust we would have kicked up if it hadnt rained. The dust would have been worse than the wet trails. Actually traction was PERFECT at Coal Hill on Sunday.... it was muddy at camp and in the strippins, but Coal Hill and the drag strip had great traction.

I have more video, but Im having a hard time getting it uploaded.

Edited by Meat

Hello,

I hear that Reading Coal company has an office in Pottsville. Syntaxx.... your from Pottsville, do you know anything about the coal company's Pottsville offices ??

Meat...There is an office in Pottsville. In fact the compant I work for does work for them. I will post an address and contact information when it becomes available to me.

Did orangeshee already come up to ride.....? I missed him if he did...damn it :(

Nick