Cool Head.

Yeah I am about ready to purchase a cool head. And I am just wondering which one is suppose to be the best. And what size domes to go with. I was going to get it ported. but I have been told to get the cool head first. And the guy told me with 18cc domes that if I ran half pump and half race gas I would be fine. I already have a milled head so i do not know how big of a difference it will make power wise, but we will see. thanks for the help,

Kaiz

Get a Noss head :) Uses the same domes and you can get it in kickin anodized colors.

As for a sizing chart... check out thebansheezone.com. Meat's got a spiffy dome size chart up there. The domes are the same for the Noss head and Pro Design Cool Head.

I hear the wicked head is pretty good...But I also run the Noss head because the other is over priced and I can use pro design domes int eh Noss head, although I'm running special cut domes anyways

I run 19CC domes and mix 50/50 race gas ...But I'm ported...I would thik 18CC you would almost need to run straight race gas? or is this just because I am ported?

Edited by Justintoxicated

There is also LCperformance too,I prefer Lynns work my self due to some issues from K&T. but that is a long drive to salem. about 2 hours. Pretty close to RM atv. I think that its about 90 bucks or so for the crank work. Granted that you do all the labor tearing it apart and reassembley.

I have a question for you guys, I have a pro-design head with 22cc domes. do you think it would be in my best interest to sell that head and get a noss head with smaller domes or keep that head and just get smaller domes

The only reason to switching to the Noss head would be if you like the looks better and it cools a little better. The down side would be finding and having to install stock studs. The PD studs would be too long.

Don't get me wrong.... I'd like to sell a head to you.

-David

Yeah I live in Sunset too actually. And I called up K&T Performance about 2 weeks ago. I was going to put in there engine kit that runs about $1,500. But they were way backed up. He basically said to call back in about 2 months. so maybe I will just wait and put in the whole kit this winter. because it includes a cool head and domes. My engine probably needs to be rebuilt soon anyways. Oh and I raced a Piped YFZ for the first time today. And I beat it 3 of the 4 times we raced. It was really close everytime. I am just glad to know I can keep up with one. The way everyone talks about them I thought I would get killed. anyways. let me know what you guys think about that kit from K&T.

Thanks,

Kaiz