Noss Head

I just recently got one of those "OTHER" brand heads with 17cc domes which I know are way too small for me. I ride 600 to 800 feet trails. Stock bore. Hey Dave... what should I get and your domes fit the "Other" guys right?

They will fit the PD and, with an additional notch, a Vitos. 21cc would be safe, 20cc would be pushing it with pump gas. Any other mods?

Boyeson reeds, stock carbs bored to 28mm, Toomey 2:1 filter, Trinity pipes.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to worry about it, go with the 21cc. 20cc might be fine but could be borderline depending on some small variables.

Thanks for the info... actually, should temporarily edit that out of the sig as I just threw the stock stator and plate back on while my 200w one is getting replaced by Ricky. Would the +4 be a better gain than the 21cc domes? sorry.. pretyt new to this.. and thanks! :D

I haven't done any 'scientific' tests with 100LL av gas. I have run both premium unlead pump and 100LL gas in airplanes. There was a lot of difference in EGT, CHT, and performance. I wouldn't worry about 20cc domes with 100LL or maybe even 50/50. If you wanted to try 20cc domes you could check the squish and the compression and I'd trade you for 21cc if you decided you wanted them instead. I tend to be conservative on my opinions. I don't want someone blaming me for trashing an engine.

The stock heads I have checked were closer to 23cc not counting the displacement of the head gasket so even with 21cc domes you should increase your compression by 20 to 30 psi. The squish area of the domes is also different than it is on the stock head. There is definitely a noticable overall increase in power, most apparent on the bottom and mid.

Like you say, the blue one on Ebay is the old style. My wife lists the discontinued stuff on Ebay.

The new style head with a set of domes, with the BHQ discount, is $234 plus shipping. Anodized ones are $247.50 plus shipping.

-David

I just have to say thanks, Dave, for taking the time to answer all of our questions! The insight is MUCH appreciated! :D

I couldn't agree more.

One more question {I think I've asked you this before}

Have you ever tried using other metls for the domes? Perhaps Titanium or Inconel?

Why is it that when I finally get a PD head and find that what I really wanted was a Noss head and then Screamin' has the one I really wanted.

Screamin... send me a pic and any possible trades you might want/ need OK?

IHRbearings@peoplepc.com