Which Mx Bike Cr250, Crf 250, Suzuki 250, Yz, Kx

Hey all I am looking to maybe get an MX Bike. I have a stock banshee and ride it in 3rd or sometimes 4th do to riding woods. I am thinking of a dirt bike, maybe an MX Bike. WHo makes the most reliable and over all best? What would you buy? I am 6'2 235 pounds so I am a little over regular size. I will be buying used? Are the new 4 strokes faster then the 2 strokes? I am leaning towards honda cr 250 or crf 250 or the suzuki 250. Are 250's twice as fast as 125's? Are these things easy to get hurt and hard to control? I was talking to a guy and he said with that skinny back tire you slide around alot. Could I live with a CR 80? Thanks

Hey buddy, I have a 2001 Yamaha YZ 250 with several tricked out parts... check my sig below for the list that i bought for $2600. Yes, 250 two strokes are very fast, mine is pretty damn deadly too and the other day i almost flipped over in 3rd. and my front end comes up in 4th. no problem so yes they are very dangerous and you should test one first to make sure that you can handle it, it will haul you around, im just turning 15/ 5'9"/ 140 and i dont even think that the bike sences my weight. The rear tire will lose traction and you will have to counter steer in any gear if yours is as fast as mine. Mine is good in the woods as long as you keep it out of the power band but it is a little scary for hard packed surfaces, so keep your foot by the rear brake! No, 250's dont make double the power of a 125 but they do make alot more. Stock for 2004 a 125 is like 32 horse power and a stock 250 is like 47 horse power. If you only ride a Banshee in 3rd. and 4th. dont get a 250 unless you are going to use the power, you might kill your self! I raced a 2002 'Shee w/ FMF Fatties & Power Core2 silencers, K&N filter, 280 Jets, Boost Bottle, and Oversized spider trac rear tire and i beat him by 10 bike lengths and he couldnt reach my top speed. He was a good rider too. I would recommend a 125 at the most if your not gonna be WOT on it all of the time.

Edited by NuckingFuts04Banshee

The Main reason i would stay away from a 125 is the fact that they are very peaky. you have to be in the powerband to get anywhere. a 250 is way more ridable power. I rode the CRF450 and was very impressed with that bike. Tons of fun, and Plenty of power waiting when you grab a handfull of throttle. Also with the 4 stroke, you just gas and go, no matter what gear you are in. Pretty fun! and at 235 pounds i think a 250 or the CRF450 are your size. You are probably a bit too big for the 125, you would outgrow the power very quickly.....just my .02

Edited by CombatTalon2

Yes, if you ride a bike, you will eventually get hurt. As we always used to say, its not IF its WHEN. Either of the 450s would be great bikes. I have HEARD that the Yam 450 has more of a power hit (almost like a 2 stroke hit) and that the honda (which i have ridden) is a little more controlable. If you are riddin woods, you would probably want a bike you can lug alittle bit, so you are not goin balls-out the whole time. Thats what i would want anyway.

if your a good rider, your chances of getting hurt aren't much worse than on a quad. i rode bikes for years and only had a few times where i crashed and got hurt. know your limits, and use some common sense. if your that unsure about your skills on a bike, you may want to go with the 4 stroker. it will be a little more forgiving and easier to gradually improve your abilities with. besides that, i wouldn't tell you what YOU should get without seeing you ride first. B)

Crashing mine (2 CR500Rs) didn't hurt as bad as crashing any of my quads. The only thing that sucked is if I wasn't wearing riding boots, the pegs would cause hell to my legs if the bike ended up on me. Other than that... like people say , you'll eventually crash but hey, everybody does eventually!

6'2 235 pounds .... Could I live with a CR 80?

You ever seen an elephant riding an ant? :P That'd be more like a moped for you man...if I get me another bike, I'm 6'1 around 190...will be a yz250f. B) I don't have the balls to get a big 450 bike quite yet. :ph34r:

Edited by ledofthezep

I'm 6'1" 190 and theres no way I'd be caught dead on a 250 4 stroke..I went from CR125 to YZ490 to a CR500. Let me tell you,it didn't take long to get used to the power difference.

Don't be afraid to buy a bike thats bigger than you think you need.If your a disciplined rider,you'll know how to respect the machine until your familiar with it.

Anything less just feels so slow now.I've ridden a few "built" 250's on trail and I was impressed,but they just don't have it in the wide open areas or hill climbs.

Once you go open class 2 stroke,you'll never want to ride anything else.