Fuel

gurny

I run a 100 octane unleaded fuel made by 76. The 100 octane definitly won't hurt anything but it won't really make a difference in performance either at least in the short run. I ran it before and after I put the 20cc domes in. I started running it in my Duacti before that even though my compression really only required pump gas. I noticed that is burns soooo much cleaner and leaves way less soot in my pipes which I think is good to keep the combustion chamber, piston, pipes and anything the fuel or exhaust gasses touch much cleaner. It is way more stable and has a long shelf life than pump gas. Pump gas leaves a heavy thick black soot, the 100 left a lighter grayer soot and way less of it. My banshee's pipes are clean as hell, you can stick your finger in the silencer and you wont get a drop of oil or barely any soot on your finger. I also think it is good to protect against detonation in the situation where you start running real hot and/or a bit lean. If you are on the border line of neading higher octane and that happens your pistons are done with the higher octane you'll be fine; cheap insurance against detonation. In CA the 100 octane that I buy stays at $3/gal and doesn't fluctuate price while pump 91 is up to at least $2.40/gal so it's an easy choise for me.