Went Striper Fishing Today @ Lake Texoma

We left at 4:30 this morning and just got back. Went out to Lake Texoma (about 10 miles from my house) and met up with a friend (also a guide) who took 4 of us out Striper fishing. We caught 36 fish totalling 226 lbs. of uncleaned weight, the largest being 12 lbs.

We had an awesome time. Normally, striper fishing is over really quick, you sit for an hour, catch 30 or 40 fish in an hour or so and then your done. Today, they weren't biting as fast, but a little more spread out over 4.5 hours which made it really nice and fun. It was a freaking blast.

I'll work a few hours this afternoon, then I'm headed off to the dunes tomorrow morning (have I said that before :D ).

Dang! Thim are some hungry fish. I have fished in Kona HI on my step dads boat and hauled in quite a few ahi and skipjack tuna between 5 and 20lbs but I doubt 226 Lbs worth in that short of a time. Hope you have a big appetite for fish!

well.well.well. It looks like someone is having a tough week :rolleyes: . Stripers are some nasty critters no matter what size you have at the end of you're line.Striper fishing is big here in CT.50 pounders are common here in Long Island sound.Sometimes they catch em' on nothing but a sandworm fished at the bottom. Good deal,man.Give those dunes hell tomorrow! :D

Sounds like fun. It's prime crappie season here in KS...I have a watershed out in the middle of no-where around here stocked full of good sized crappie & bass, and catfish & some 30+lb river flatheads we've thrown in there. :D Sounds like fun man, it's been a long time since I've went stiper fishing.

they just started catching them around here whithin the last two weeks.after reading about your fun,i think i'll have to blow the dust off the surf caster+give it a go.i'm a half mile from the beach so it's big fun for minor effort. fillet+release! :cheers:

i do fresh water fishin and i love to catch even the little guys 1-3LBS . i have been deep sea fishin a couple a times only cought a sand shark. that sand shark was kool though. hopfully will be going deep sea in a few weeks. my uncle build a big sail boat and thats what we go fishin off of here in the bay state. i love sailing. perfect combo you can trole whille some one sails. cant beat that.