Metallica

Kg8

you guys forget that that there was a time in the mid 90's that was dominated by boy bands and crap,i mean rap.Metallica was the only hard rock band at that time that consistently rocked,who cares if they cut their hair? they also did some really cool stuff with MTV and their fans which i havent seen any other band ever do!i agree that the St.Anger was/is not even in the same leauge as anything previously recorded but give them a break -they are only human.

the illegal downloading is just that-its illegal and it takes money from any band.its stealing :o i'll get off my soapbox now.

this thread is kind of the same as the Van Halen/Roth/Hagar which era is better arguement.......to me roth is one of a kind and pure classic attitude.Hagar is just so damn talented.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is kind of the same as the Van Halen/Roth/Hagar which era is better arguement.......to me roth is one of a kind and pure classic attitude.Hagar is just so damn talented.

Thats a good discussion right there.I'm still trying to trying to play "eruption" without having it sound like white noise.

PANTERA does the trick fo'me!

the illegal downloading is just that-its illegal and it takes money from any band.its stealing :o  i'll get off my soapbox now.

it's not illegal in my book and I'll still do it!!!

stealing is charging $15.00 a cd

and metallica sucked old and new- rather listen to rap!!!!!

and no I'm not a youngster :shootself:

Quote"the illegal downloading is just that-its illegal and it takes money from any band.its stealing "

I dont care if it is illegal or not, people do stuff everyday that is illegal. Like all of our polliticians who take lobbyests (sp?) "prizes" or trips etc to vote a certain way to the lobbyests favor. So if I download a song for free and that is my crime, I am definitely fine with that. People smoke weed all of the time, that is illegal, doesnt bother me one bit (ex. pot head myself, quit for my carreer). People drive drunk all of the time, people beat their kids for no reason, people are cruel to animals all of the time. So like I said, I dont feel bad about the downloading music. Metallica has enough money to spare, but I dont even download their shit anyway (because their music is gay now).

I have been listening to them since late 1970's or early 80's. And I was a big Metallica fan for about 17 years or so. Now, they can suck my balls with their high and mighty selves,, out with the old- in with the new. Plus, I think my tastes have changed a bit, now I listen to Techno/trance, and rap. I do like Stained,Mudvayne and some others. But hey who cares.

BTW David lee Roth was on Howard stern Last week, man he is such a dumb ass. Dude is locked back in the early 80's. Definitely done too many drugs. I am sure Sammy isnt much better. I guess thats the mentality you get when all you have is sex, drugs and rock n roll.

Peace out :dance:

As much as I boycotted Metallica during the whole napster thing (basically I boycotted them cause they were making asses of themselves publicly..that and they screwed file sharing for a bit), I've got to say though that Seeing the Summer Sanitarium tour last year was one of my top 10 concerts I've ever been to. Mainly for seeing Linkin Park and Deftones again, this time at a stadium.

But Metallica did put on a good show. Though their ending still seemed a bit too self-gratifying when they all bow & stay out there for a while so people can clap for them longer :clap:

So who knows, maybe I haven't lost my nostalgia for the music of ol' Lars-&-Friends afterall... I wonder how the rest of St. Anger is.... hmm, I"ll just pull up my favorite underground file servers, err.. i mean head down to the CD store [wink wink; nudge nudge]

Same here boonman. I'll jam to some old school metallica, but that's about it.

Disturbed is probaly the only decent concet i have been to as of late

O and Cypress Hill, always forget about that one, probably cause I was so ripped at the time

I won't pay to watch disturbed again, I saw them with Drowning Pool & uhhh???...but anyway, all they did was sing their shit, stand there & want people to yell for them. :yank: Drowning Pool was the shizzle, stole that show for sure.

Cypress Hill was PIMP! The were great live. And ripped, well...that's an understatement. :P Saw them with Adema & Linkin Park when they were touring from their 1st album.

Thats a good discussion right there.I'm still trying to trying to play "eruption" without having it sound like white noise.

i play a bit of guitar,i used to know most kiss songs(my heroes thru high school :wacko: ).i have a friend who must have some sort of mental telepathy with EVH.he can play anything van halen and damn near perfect.he knows allof EVH's "tricks".he can play the entire solo from the Right Here Right Kow live album and go pretty much note for note.he should be in a tribute band :headbang:

he also made replica guitars of EVH untill Van Halens lawyers informed him that Ed has copywrited the red/white striped guitar thing and he better stop :(

Edited by boonman

the illegal downloading is just that-its illegal and it takes money from any band.its stealing :o

in all actuality, it barely touches the artist themselves. a CD is broken down into what they call "points". The artist only sees a VERY small portion of these points. all other points go to the label. on top of this, the artist usually loses rights to his own music in a record deal as well as loses the freedom to express themselves musically. this is why most other artists were bashing metallica. file sharing was a way for new artists to get their music out in the mainstream. you could see smaller bands selling out shows because their music was out there. this helped them get noticed. do you realize that most of the entertainment industry is owned by two companies, NOT the artists. as a musician, i have twice left bands that have had record deals sitting in front of them (one from Sony and one from Dreamworks). both of these are owned and controlled by larger corporations. i left because i will not become some corporations pawn to make them more money.

bands like metallica, sarah mclachlan, dre, etc...they have their own labels even if it is a subsidiary of a bigger label. therefore, the money that their LABEL lost due to file sharing is what they were pissed about. saying that file sharing steals from the artist is bullshit...ask smaller bands like mudvayne, finger eleven, opeth, etc who solely belong to a label what they think. they love it because it packs their house.

back to metallica...they used to be "Metal up your ass", which was written against corporate entertainment. now, they ARE corporate entertainment. they are no longer for the fans...go to a metallica show now and see if they hang out in the club down the street with all of their fans like they did on Master of Puppets or the black album. f*ck no...they hop in their bus to jet out of there. they don't stop and hang out or interact one on one with the fans, you have to win a damn contest to do that with them now.

sorry stealthawd,i was simply stating my opinion.it sounds like you know what your talking about seeing how you are in the biz.your a lil harsh with your last paragraph tho.when a band is as big as metallica,aerosmith,zepellin or many others can go into a bar and not be mobbed or harrased/heckled by people like you who call them sellouts for doing whats best for THEM i'm sure it'll happen.dont blame them for their success,also after 20 yrs they should be able to do whatever they want-they deserved it.

sorry stealthawd,i was simply stating my opinion.it sounds like you know what your talking about seeing how you are in the biz.your a lil harsh with your last paragraph tho.when a band is as big as metallica,aerosmith,zepellin or many others can go into a bar and not be mobbed or harrased/heckled by people like you who call them sellouts for doing whats best for THEM i'm sure it'll happen.dont blame them for their success,also after 20 yrs they should be able to do whatever they want-they deserved it.

I agree. Metallica has always been aout not giving an F about anything. Back in the day it was about being against the mainstream. now it is anavoidable for them to be mainstream because they grew into a huge band worldwide band, they just cant do things like they used to. Now it seems they are against doing what people expect/want them to do. They will and always do their own thing whether it be going against the mainstreem, making bluesy metal, going against music thiefs, or making intense off the wall tunes like st anger. They dont care about the public reaction and have always said they do it just for their enjoyment. Somehow that alienates people from them...i think its cool and there isnt a song out there from them i dont love. :headbang::headbang:

i think that manson puts on a great show, but who i want to see if they come around anytime soon is velvet revolver. i bet they put on one bad ass show.and that new song of theirs is probly them best thing on the radio at the moment. but heres my top list of ppl to see soon hopefully

velvet revolver

deftones

god smack

manson

korn( i hope they play alot of old shit at their concerts.)