Tons Of New Mods, Not It Runs Like Shit

heres my problem, i just got it rebuilt with wisco pro-lites, i added an advanced timing plate (at +4), a pro design cool head 21cc domes, and i have a low end port.

i have 320's in it now

the problem is that when i give her gas on the road, it will fly until about 1/2 throttle then just die (like it backs off or somthing)

it doesn't backfire, and it sounds crisp and clean

i used to be able to beat a my 400ex but not it barely keeps even with it

any ideas

fmf fatties

would rasiing the needle do anything

and is +4 to much or to little?

The +4 is fine for all around riding.... it'll be ok to run pump gas w/ the 21cc dome+the port. Now to the real problem... I run 310mains on my bike w/ fatty's, K&N, and reeds. I believe that a mild port job requires about 1-2 sizes up on the main. I won't and never have touched the needle on my 'shee.

Mike

I'd say that you might need a few sizes larger also. I'd also say 4th maybe even 5th clip on the needle. I'm on the 5th clip needle with my below mods, no porting or stroking, all stock internal, original bore. I was on 4th w/ my stock carbs.

First and foremost, do a plug check. Second, it won't hurt to keep going till she get's a little blubbery, I usually get blubbery in 6th gear. :D