Leak Down Test

Pressure test....6lbs for 6 minutes...If you lose pressure, then you can apply soap water to the gaskets to find the leak...The air leaking out will make bubbles....You won't be able to do that w/ a vacuum test....Don't put more pressure than 6psi....

I use vacuum at 6 psi for 6 minutes. If I find that I have a leak, then I will apply pressure and use soapy water to look for the leak. The plugs that I put in the carb boots want to shoot out when I have the whole system under pressure and I don't want to stand there and hold them in for 6 minutes. When I apply the vacuum, I can just walk away and do something else.

I would just use pressure...If it holds Pressure, you should have a good vacume :)  But how would you do a vaccume anyways? I have no idea!

You can get a nifty vacuum pump from auto stores. Autozone lends them on their Loan-A-Tool program, also. I got one for like $20 a while ago for doing the front differential fluid on my S10 (no drain plug). It can also be used as a vacuum tester or pressure tester, depending on how you have it set up. Ended up being the perfect tool to run a leakdown test on my shee after the trans rebuild. Comes with a little gauge on it and all that stuff.. i think its good for about up to 35PSI or so. Looks like a shortened caulk gun, almost.