Gas Prices

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like a form of mass brain washing on the American people. We get so used to paying say$2.20 a gal that when it drops to $2.00 a gal we think we're getting some special deal or something. At least until you think back to a year ago when it was probably $1.50 a gal.

Burned $47 worth of fuel in my waverunner on Saturday in about three hours. I just laugh when I see one of those off-shore boats and think of their fuel costs!

Someone on the radio the other morning said George W. Bush passed some kind of law that prevents gas wars. All stations are required to charge *about* the same price these days. I think it was intended to stop price gouging in the expensive direction around 9/11, but has had the effect of keeping stations from undercutting each other all the same.

Note:I have heard or seen nothing to substantiate this claim except the fact that George W stands to gain from his oil investments in Texas. The radio hosts were asking for people to substantiate it as well and nobody did so maybe it's liberal politics at work?

Personally, I think Illinois is going to be the new Saudi Arabia. They are already selling corn-based Ethanol at a few pumps in the Saint Louis area for the few cars that can use it. These cars are called "flex fuel" and I just traded my flex fuel Ranger last fall... :shootself:

95 and 98 octane fuel straight out of the pump... lovely.

395435[/snapback]

Ton, Don't get too excited. ... After two burn downs, it turns out that Europe's octane numbers are purely based on the R.O.N. (Research Octane Method) and the American rating is an average of both R.O.N. and M.O.N (Motor Octane Method).

98 R.O.N. is the same as 89 M.O.N ... added together and divided by 2 = 93.5

95 -------------- " ------------- 86 M.O.N ... ------------------ " -------------------- 2 = 90.5

So be carefull and do some checking before you burn down thinking you've got 98 octane when you've actually only got 93!

I'd like to be proved wrong. ... Could be old info that I've been looking at.

Rare.

7.00 a gallon for cam2 100 octane here in Connecticut. Well....They had to figure out some way to pay for a war.An unexplainable reason to hike fuel costs was the perfect plan.It's not the arabs changing citgo signs.

This whole thing is not good for the bulls and bears but the gov. had to do it.

• 2 weeks later...