Gas Prices

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only theory I've heard on a gas strike that might work is for everyone to boycot one particular gas company (say chevron) untill their gas price goes down. I've seen groups try it before but it doesn't work unless everyone is on board with the plan. Even then I doubt that would work because all the gas compamies are interconnected. I talked with the manager of a no name brand gas station in Nor CAl and he said that the gas he recieved gas at his station came from 3 companies (chevron, shell and someone else) and that they didn't choose which one delived gas to them, it alternated between the 3 companies by their determination. Also there is a patrolium pipeline that comes from the bay area refineries north to Chico and all three companies share the pipeline.

hey boonman, according to the manual, I have to have anything above 89 octane rating. My Porsche is the same way. I did ask the Lincoln and Porsche steelership if I could run anything less(Med. 89-Reg.87). They said that the higher octane was for the fuel injectors and not for the pinging. Well, if that is true or not, I don't have a clue. I just didn't want to take any chances with the fuel injectors. Also, I write all gas off as a business expence. Knowing that, it's not so bad spending $50 for a tank. But, it still alot B)

everyone knos alaska theres all secret military bases up there, or else we would have tapped it, its all national game long or w/e ffff**k that, militarys got stuff going on up there, u got the ocean and all that open land for tests, good for hitting russia if shit hits the fan, thats never getting touched

$1.77 in Tulsa right now for regular unleaded which is cheap compared to what some of you guys are paying...but it still BITES....Jim

whats the deisel prices where you guys are at ? here in cali its more then premium. kinda pisses me off alot. over 2.35 for a gallon of diesel fuel. :evil:

Just filled up the 900rr on the way home from class. 35MPG, which isn't bad considering it was *all* city practically and I was doing holeshots off of every single traffic light possible. But, it doesn't make gas prices any better... stupid gas companies.