Toomey 2-1

I was wondering if the toomey 2-1 airfilter setup was very good for woods riding i dont get into deep mud just a lot of it on the trails. Toomey says that you have to remove your airbox, is this true and if so would that be very good for the trails. thanks in advance.

I was wondering if the toomey 2-1 airfilter setup was very good for woods riding i dont get into deep mud just a lot of it on the trails.  Toomey says that you have to remove your airbox, is this true and if so would that be very good for the trails. thanks in advance.

I've heard/read that it is very beneficial. From what I've gathered, it's a pretty good woods/trail mod.

the toomey 2:1 is an amazining little filter setup. it stays suprisingly dry and clean and flows very good. its also easy as heck to do any carb work with it. as long as you take it easy through puddles your good. ive been out right after it rained and had no problem

I agree. All in all I think it is one of the best mods for the money. I even think it is LESS prone to getting water into the engine than the stock airbox. If you get it from Rocky Mountain it is only $50 and even comes with the outerwear {at least it used to}. Only drawback is it CAN rub on your pipes which will melt a hole in the outerwear. So make sure it doesn't touch. Some guys put an extra piece of silicone hose on the pipe right next to the filter. So it's all good.

Only drawback is it CAN rub on your pipes which will melt a hole in the outerwear. So make sure it doesn't touch. Some guys put an extra piece of silicone hose on the pipe right next to the filter. So it's all good.

I haven't had that problem, I had a hell of a time with the K&N clamp-ons melting outerwears on the pipes. With the 2:1 filter, you can loosen the clamp holding the filter on and rotate it to where it doesn't get near the the pipes. I'm still running the outerwear that came with the filter setup. I too got mine from Rocky Mtn...or at least my g/f did anyway. :P

I've got a Pro Design intake w/ K&N in stock box and no lid, currently, and am looking at that 2-1 Toomey setup. Seems to be the way to go. Led, you mentioned a waterproof outerwear? How much does that kill the breathability of it? For $50, that seems to be a great buy.