Choke 1/2 Out Great.choke In Bad!

Getting my problems solved one at a time ;) . The shee starts good.Compression good.exhaust good.Does not foul plugs.When the choke is half out it smoke a bit and plugs fire great.When the choke is in the left cuts out and then the right starts acting up.When out it runs like it should just smoky.

My jetting: 300 mains,27.5 pilots air screws out 1-3/4 turns

mods:V-force,21 domes,pro-circuits,+4 timing,Banchetta"s cut airbox idea.

Getting my problems solved one at a time ;) . The shee starts good.Compression good.exhaust good.Does not foul plugs.When the choke is half out it smoke a bit and plugs fire great.When the choke is in the left cuts out and then the right starts acting up.When out it runs like it should just smoky.

My jetting: 300 mains,27.5 pilots air screws out 1-3/4 turns

mods:V-force,21 domes,pro-circuits,+4 timing,Banchetta"s cut airbox idea.

Is this when your running it hard, or only at idle, or where exactly? You might need to go up a couple on the main, like a 310 or maybe 320.

What you really need to do is a plug check. Get her in the open and run her WideOpenThrottle in the highest gear you can, 6th preferred, but if it cuts out that's fine, just hold her wide open throttle and kill it in the highest gear you can get into for now. Check the plugs and see what they look like. If they are light colored then your too lean and need to go up, if they're wet and oily, then they're rich and you need to go smaller on the main. Once you get the main set, then get to the pilot jet. Dial it in for good throttle response, chances are your going to be at 27.5, so I think that might be ok. What clip is the needle in, 3rd? You probably ought to change it to the 4th clip from the top/blunt end. If you ever have any doubt as to the jetting, run a plug check, it will tell you what it needs.

Check the plug and get back to us as to how it looks.

Scott

This is at warm up.

Okeedokee. Never mind what I said. :rolleyes:

You may need a slight adjustment on the pilots, but yeah, I wouldn't worry too bad, the smoking is normal, mine sure likes too when warming up.

I wish you all lived down the street so you could see for yourself! I cleaned the choke and found a bunch of sand and crapola around the o-ring.I know that o-ring needs to keep a seal.Would air bypassing the choke cause this?

When i push that choke in the shee normally goes to clear in a minute and it's not happening.Maybe a reed petal moved on me?!

I'm not too anxious to run it yet until I can get things going with warmup and idle.

I gave it another shot yesterday and the symptoms persist.It just seems like it's not getting enough fuel when to choke gets pushed in. The damn thing starts first kick everytime but something is still botched.

Yup! Got the choke tube on and I'm just wondering if ricky stator sent me a bad stator.The -0- on the timing plate is where the cases meet which is where it should be.I'm also curious if I have an airleak somewhere. This is driving me nutz! Luckily,I don't give up easy.

Let it warm up, and then take it for a rip. Just because it smokes, doesn't mean shit..... Pull the carbs off, clean them out. I had a bad reed once, it was cracked. The bike would idle, but wouldn't run past half throttle. You may have an air leak. Try the carb cleaner trick. Fire it up, and spray all around the base gaskets and the carb intakes. if it revs up, you have an air leak. You also could have a clogged pilot. I run 27.5's, adn I have no problems.... As long as they're clean, they will flow enough fuel....

Mine smokes like a nasty sob until shee's warm. I mean nice purty-smelling white fumes and it clears little by little, and by the time shee's fully warm (6 or 7 minutes), she's running nice and clean, maybe a little smoke when i launch a full scale WOT ass kickin but hey, let's not get picky. B)