Kickstart Seized, Not Sure Whats Wrong....

ok, so i picked up my banshee yesterday, with thoughts of it was running good, and 2 weeks ago it was, the kid rode it quite abit even with no brakes or anything, and when i took delivery of it i never even thought to try and start it, so this morning i take it to school and everyone wants to hear it run and whatnot, so i go to start it and all i hear is a clunk when i push down on the kickstart, then it seizing, so i put it into gear to see if i could comp. start it, but even in 6th at 4 guys full running and 300 pounds on the bike, the tires would not spin, just slide,

who has a idea on what this could be? im fearing the worst, and im pretty sure its a split the cases fix no matter what, so i may wait a few weeks, and get some new pistons rings,etc, and do her up good,

if i bore the bike .040 over and put on a coolhead, with some good reeds, how much will this help?

cant afford pipes right now, unless i dont get the coolhead/other new head. what do you guys think, head or pipes, and what the hell is wrong with my bike.

thanks

wade

Howdy,

We had that same problem once and we took off the clutch cover side and a hardened screw had came out and was lodged in between the gears. Try that and see what ya find. Prolly the most important thing is not to force it to start, you will only cause more damage.

Hopefully, your pistons are not seized. At any rate, a complete diagnosis will help.

Nut

Several things could've happend.... Blew up b/c of a lean condition, locked up b/c of a air-leak (related to lean condition), broke the crank, locked up the tranny etc... From not knowing how the bike was treated while you weren't around (why you would lend someone your bike is beyond me. I suggest you pull the head off and take a look.

Mike

almost the same thing just happend to me, I was riding and then I tryed a stoppie and it die so I didn't think anything about it then when I backed up and tryed to crank it my kick started wouldn't move so I tryed to roll it off and still nothing, I think I know what could of happend though, I haven't rode it since it was like 40 degrees out and now its 80 degrees, is there any way to unsieze it because it has a brand new cylinders and pistons in it right now, Thanks, Jonathan

no no, i didnt loan my bike out, the kid( justin) traded a truck he had for it, and i was the one who got it running, he rode it for awile, only owned it for about a month now, and i bought it 2 days ago.....

ill figure it out tonight, im just gonna rip out the engine and rebuild the beast with welded crank and a bigger bore, i want to take it out to a 400+ though..... decisions decisions.

whatever the case it will be done by july 20., thats what i decided.

later

wade