First Time Ever On A Shee

WOW. Check this out. it was spring 2001 I had to have a quad and I was at my local stealership. I had the choice of banshee or warrior and I wanted 4 stroke reliability so I went with the warrior. My buddy had a banshee that I had never ridden. I let him take my warrior for a ride and he came back and said (ya thats about the same as mine) a couple days later I took his banshee for a ride and I had no idea. I smacked him when I got back for lying to me when he rode mine. I put it on ebay and have had 2 banshees since and will never go without one again.

My first time on a shee was 8 years ago..I'll never forget it. I remeber saying "This ain't shit!" But it was a tired old 87 which I still have to this day. That's dedication. I race it and pound the living dogshit out of it every time I ride. My freinds have a running joke when I talk about riding..they always ask me "So, what did you break this time?" And I'll usualy say..This weekend was pretty good, I only broke..Yadda yadda..or..This week end sucked, My machine outlasted me! I busted my..Yadda yadda"

my forst actual ride was last summer. i had rode them before but never in good conditions. my friend had just bought a 97 T5 shee and we stole it from his house while he was at work and we were riding it. at the time it was excessively lean with the stock jetting already but nobody ever checked(although i reccomended it). anyways we warmed it up and took it down the street and i hit firsta nd shifted into the second just to hit massive wheelspin and it about ripped me off while it was shooting up. :bolt: asfter that i had fun on iy. doing donuts and powerslide on pavement. my friend was a little suprised to see us riding it by him and all. :lol: but overall i like my blasters overall feel better than the banshees right now. this time its going to be jetted right and im trying to smooth out the powerband a bit but giving it some low end after his complete meltdown and me tearing down the whoel engine. :headbang:

the first time i rode one it was my buddies 96 with pipes. i opened it up once and new i had to have one. a year later i found a killer deal on a 2001 all stock with low hours. so i drove 2 1/2 hours away toke it for a a ride once up the street and once down the street in 6th gear pulled in the guys drive way and handed him a check. best thing i ever bought, even stock it wants to throw you 10 feet behind it.

I remember my first time on a Banshee, I was around 28 or so. My friend had bought a 1989 Banshee from a friend of his and brought it to his house. We sat there in chairs in his garage and stared quietly for quite a while. I remember hearing about these machines and so did he. The look of that machine was so different than any quad I have ever seen and the stories Ive heard was almost gut wrenching of what these machines are capable of. It was piped and jetted w/ a K&N filter and that was all. My Friend looked over at me and said ...WELL are you ready to try this beast out? I felt my gut wrench,..but I knew that this was gonna be fast but FAST wasnt even close to describe it. We went to a cleared off field with a stretch that seemed endless by his house and I got off to let him ride first. He rode it up and down the field to get the feel of it and finally lined it up 15ft from where I was standing at the top of the field. He reved it in second and looked over at me and grinned and said (((HERE WE GO))).....MY gosh I never seen a quad spinn its tires and throw it front end up while spinning. SOOO Freakin Fast!!

He brought it up by me after a few trips and said "You got to try this, Its a REal RUSH". I got on and felt my gut turn to knots. I was excited though, I was about to ride the baddest machines made. I rode it down the field shifting first,second, third and so on. I was thinking to my self after a few trips up and down.. " I think Its rideable." So I lined up By my friend And wound up second and looked over at him and with a grin I slipped the clutch and BLEH!!!!...Stalled it right there...LOL. My buddy laughed and said you got to keep up the R's when you launch. I tried it again leaning over the tank and reved it like he said. When the Shee lauched I went from senary to Blurr it seconds. It felt like it would shoot out from under me. Ive been hooked eversince and the Banshee is the only quad I own. Nothing like a REAL Adrenlin PUMP!! No other quad has looks like a Banshee does. :headbang:

When I sat on my first banshee I got the feeling that it was "the one"... I test drove it. It was fast.... real fast, trees turned into green blurs and my eyes were watering but I never let off bangin gears and grabbin throttle. Sideways through 3rd.... feeling I'll never forget. I bought a banshee 2 weeks later.

legendss28: I power wheelie past my buddies trick 125 when he's topped out.

Mike