Got A Banshee.....

well i got a banshee from a friend for 500 bucks, the whole time my friend has had this bike, i have been there watching it come back from actuall trash and crap.....

its not a big problem for me fixing this beast, but its an 88, and i want better suspension,to do this j arms need to be a arms who can help me there? ive looked at the kits you weld on yourself, those any good? anyone on here have any experince with these kits?

i also need to rebuild the brakes on this, just a few days ago, they were riding the bike and the rear brake, broke, needs a new caliper, can you rebuild these? if not where is my best bet to get a better one at?

the rest of the stuff on the bike is stuff, that im gonna have to just take time out and do, im going to rebuild both carbs, get a differnt airbox mount, or mabey not even run a airbox, going to get new plastic's and graphics, needs better suspension, the engine runs great but i want to make it faster, so im going to bore it and port it, with a coolhead and other odds and ends, im hoping to be riding the bike by 2 months, and have her finished all the way by mid sept.

later

wade

the aarms are alot stronger, i know 89bansheedude and i did our own kits, a guy on here named meat makes kits www.thebansheezone.com there great from what yes you can rebuild the brakes, but i dnt know how lhard it is, any questions just ask

got some bored out stock carbs,and btw you can mount a front brake left caliper on the rear were it mounts, I got a full set of front brakes polished cap and lever for 55 shippers, Ill give ya the carbs and brakes for 140 shipped

so your saying a stock left brake caliper will fit the rear?

i may have to do that, the mechanical stuff dosent bother me that bad, plan on doing the engine in stages though, first thing is get it running good, finish off the body and chassis, then suspension, stage II will be high comp motor, with better pipes, and some other things that i havent decided yet,

im getting the bike in a few weeks, so ill post pics then, it defenatly aint pretty, but mostly all there.

when my friend got this bike it didnt run at all, and i had to actully redo all the electrical system (with a buddy that new what he was doing) to get spark, but all the electrical bugs are worked out,

seems like a great forum.

later

wade