Octane Boost

Doodle

It'll be a waste of money. Unless you're running really advanced timing or a higher compression, higher octane gas is useless. The common misconception is that it gives higher performance -- all it does... it allows you to give your engine the performance boost of upping the compression or advancing the timing... and it won't blow the engine up like lower octanes will after you do those mods. Thats it :)

Edited by nater006

If it's still stock don't bother. You only need more octane if you raise your compresion. Just stick to pump gas until you do some mods, and then run race fuel or 50/50 mixed with premium.

adding the 104 stuff to regular gas will do nothing if your bike is still stock (make sure you get the stuff from the dealership that doesnt have all the additives, just plain octane booster),

But I feel running race fuel over premium pump gas does give you a little advantage. It burns much cleaner than regular fuel and creates a better combustion process I feel.

When I was running race fuel and my buddy on his atc250R raced me I'd beat him consistently by a bikelength or 2. He didnt have any gas left so I gave him some of my race gas, and it woke that 3wheeler up. We we're dead even all the time and I was having a hard time beating him. It definitely made his 3wheeler faster.

Don't waste your money on octane booster cause me and probably every one else has run that crap and thought we were doing something but it will build up in the head. Run race fuel or 93 but octane booster is a ripoff. Someone did a full writeup about it and it turns out that it's just chemicals you can buy and mix up.

Ok I just bought the 4 gallons of Torco Mach 110. Changed the old gas outa my tank and put the race fuel in. I didn't have a chance to ride it yet. But I did start it and give it some throttle. First off it was the first time in a while the shee started this easily with one kick. Usually 2 or 3. I let it idle a few min then hit the throttle a little. And it reved considerably faster. Defently noticble. There is NO hesitation. I cant wait to ride it to see if it feels faster. I will do that tomarrow but it has never reved like this befor. This is good and bad. I wanted to notice nothing so I dont wanna buy any more but from the way it reves this could be good.