Computer

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost the same system from Gateway (BTW I don't work for them so it's not like it matters which way you go; you gotta decide what's best for you, just another option):

510XL

Only diff I see is 160GB HDD instead o 250, and logitech mouse instead of optical, oh yeah and it has a better video card...$1800 or $1940 w/3-year warranty. Lemme see what else they got and I'll post if I see better...

On a side note, I think PC's are kinda like quads in that if a PC can handle hardcore gaming it'll do anything well...a quad set up right for MX can be lethal almost anywhere too (except alongside NYUK's beast but I won't go there)...

i wouldnt go with dell, ive heard bad things about them, but then i know people that would lea there lives on them. I have an hp, its great, and customer server is great, and its easy to use, also DONT GET AN LCD get a crt monitor, they have better resolution and are like 1/2 the price, and look niceer, u can prolly get a 22 inch crt screen for the price of a 15 inch lcd

CHANGE!!!!! I canceled the order with Dell. Piss on it. B370 is gonna hook me up!!! (besides, i'd rather throw a few bucks to a fellow HQ'er, and someone I consider a friend than Dell....) So, looks like I won't be another Dell fanatic. I'll be in "Wally's world"!! Thanks Walter!!!! Much appreciated!!

CHANGE!!!!!  I canceled the order with Dell.  Piss on it.  B370 is gonna hook me up!!!  (besides, i'd rather throw a few bucks to a fellow HQ'er, and someone I consider a friend than Dell....)  So, looks like I won't be another Dell fanatic.  I'll be in "Wally's world"!!  Thanks Walter!!!!  Much appreciated!!

Oh no....

kidding.. I'm sure he'll be able to hook you up pretty well with a decent setup! Just make sure that it has the right stuff in the case... just cause he slaps a Pentium 4 HT sticker on it and buzz-bombs it black.. ;) kidding again. He'll hook ya up.

The board is here to stay, that's for sure. The BS comes, and the BS goes, but we're still here :) .

I agree with going with a fellow HQ'er for a pc. Dell's are great but if you have friends (or the HQ) to give you a hand with troubleshooting, who needs to be on hold with tech support?

I'm thinking about building up a new PC myself... Athlon XP2100 or higher probably. I have 1/2 the parts sitting right next to my desk haha. might as well finish it off.

CHANGE!!!!!  I canceled the order with Dell.  Piss on it.  B370 is gonna hook me up!!!  (besides, i'd rather throw a few bucks to a fellow HQ'er, and someone I consider a friend than Dell....)  So, looks like I won't be another Dell fanatic.  I'll be in "Wally's world"!!  Thanks Walter!!!!  Much appreciated!!

Good move Boony...Dell is a good machine but parts and services are harder to come by than going with a generic system such as HP or custom units...Jim

I have one of the few remaining coal fired steam powered PC's. I'm sure it has an 8 track slot somewhere on it. Instead of CD's it plays SP's. Makes it handy to jam out to The Mommas and The Poppas while I'm trying to get the boiler filled with water so it doesn't crap out on me at a whopping 42K while I'm trying to get something done.