Home Made A-arms?

screw making your own a arm go on ebay and buy a set of fully adjustable arms for 400. i'm not trying to be a dick but do you have any clue what the hell you are doing. people that know what they are talking about don't use the word thingy. sorry guy but the truth hurts.

what type of material are you planing on using ? what wall thickness on the a arms and what thickness on the bungs ? what thread pitch is the ball joints ? do you have a jig set up to properly allign the mounts ? and the balljoint bungs ? its not as easy as it sounds, if one thing is out of wack youll end up biting it big time. i know because im in the process of fabbing up a set of arms just to see if i can and its not all blondes and blow jobs. if your not an extreamly experienced fabricator and understad the suspension geomitry, dont do it ! leave it to the professionals to build a quality arm that could stand up to mx, just m.o. though, try it, youll never know untill you do it. later

screw making your own a arm go on ebay and buy a set of fully adjustable arms for 400.  i'm not trying to be a dick but do you have any clue what the hell you are doing.  people that know what they are talking about don't use the word thingy.  sorry guy but the truth hurts.

Yeah, I have a buddy who races for my local shop...he could prolly get me some aftos...But what about shocks....if its +2+1 or something like that...will i have to get shocks too?

yeah new shocks if your just playing around buy a set of works at steelers. if your jumping alot get ressies they cool the oil faster and give you more capacity and cut down on "shock memory" takind the hard spots out of the suspension when in constant use. if your racing look into elka or axis. yeah my action racing arms only cost 389 shipped and they are quality units as far as i can tell. as soon as the banshee is running again i'll let you know. oh yeah if your dead set on building your own don't skimp on quality or material. most arms are .090 chromoly tubing. my actiona arms are .120 tubing. just get quality materials but int eh small quantity your gonna need it's gonna cost more than youi coudl buy them for.