He Just Can Show Support

well im doing a top end rebuild on my shee, and getting it ported, and crank trued and welded, pistons, the whole deal aannndd im doing it all myself even though im only 15, and only had the shee for 8 months, but i got my clymer in one hand, and a soda in the other :cheers: ........ well im trying to get the engine out, and my dad comes in the garage and my dad looks at all teh bolts in liek 10 sandwich bags(nicly labeled by the way) and the carbs laying out and he goes"ur never gonna get it back together" i cant wait to prove him wrong and get it going how it should, i can brealy beat blasters my compressions so off, but im onna be going to coal fest, and if i wanna hang with the big boys, i gotta get to know my shee, i still gotta get the f'in engine out though it well be by tom, i cant wait to dig into the engine, i never saw my shees private parts buuuut...... i think it well be a great bonding experience for the two of us :lol::lol:

Ya!!! Ride it to the dinner table for some home fried chicken after you get it running. That will piss him off. But first get some Quicksand +21 A arms and Elka shocks and don't tell anyone your doing it, heh heh!

hope it doesnt take you too long to pull the motor. 4 bolts and its ready to pull. id make sure you have someone there to help pull it out with you. once you get all done with it and back together you should have your dad try it. this time he can tear it down, build you another badass motor and then reassemble it. see if he can do it. sound like a plan? :D

To be honest, the first time I pulled my banshee apart, I had it for about 4 months. I took the whole thing apart, did some powdercoating etc...about 3 months later I put it together again with out a Clymers manual. The thing ran fine until I wrecked it 4 years later.

For some strange reason though I always have extra bolts or nuts. Im up to one full bag of nuts, 2 bags of bolts, one of washers, and one of stuff I don't know where it came from.

:blink:

are you just doing the top end or are you ripping into the bottom end as well? If your just doing a top end you dont need to pull the engine.

Good luck, and after you get it broken in (when your dad isnt home of course), when he gets home, start it up, pull up onto the lawn, and drop the clutch. Pull up to him and be like, thats for not believing in me.

follow the clymer step by step.get it running and tell him to kiss your lilly white ass. the clymer is the banshee owners bible. after you pop your cherry on the 1 st rebuild you will be looking forward to the next it s so simple.i don t even lable the bolts anymore i just chuck em in a box.

follow the clymer step by step.get it running and tell him to kiss your lilly white ass. the clymer is the banshee owners bible. after you pop your cherry on the 1 st rebuild you will be looking forward to the next it s so simple.i don t even lable the bolts anymore i just chuck em in a box.

thats what im saying. ive torn down 4 banshees in the past 6 months. when im throwin it back together i just whizz thru everything. one kid's that i put back together was like "how in the f*ck do you remember where everything goes?" after you do one, its simple. they are all the same.

thats what im saying. ive torn down 4 banshees in the past 6 months. when im throwin it back together i just whizz thru everything. one kid's that i put back together was like "how in the f*ck do you remember where everything goes?" after you do one, its simple. they are all the same.

I've always broken my down into sections.

Front end, rear end, radiator, engine.

Thats about all there is to this thing anyway.

If I don't have any help I can strip it down in 4-5 hours tops. If I have help then it takes me 2 days.

:lol:

To be honest, the first time I pulled my banshee apart, I had it for about 4 months. I took the whole thing apart, did some powdercoating etc...about 3 months later I put it together again with out a Clymers manual. The thing ran fine until I wrecked it 4 years later.

For some strange reason though I always have extra bolts or nuts. Im up to one full bag of nuts, 2 bags of bolts, one of washers, and one of stuff I don't know where it came from.

:blink:

Here I was thinking I was the only one that had "leftovers" :unsure:

Mike banghead

I know exactly how you feel, I am also 15 and just got my banshee back together after getting porting done, switching carbs, pipes, etc. My dad is the same way, he would just shake his head and say I cant believe your wasting all your money like this whenever I told him about what I was doing. Well I got it back together, got the jetting nice and perfect, and let him ride it. First time he hit the powerband it almost threw him off the back of it, and when he came back all he would say was "holy shit". Thats when I asked him if he still thought I was a dumbass. :headbang:

morel of the story,

1. dont look for love through your farther, he cant give what he doesnt have.

2. dont seek the approval of your parrents, you will never get it, and if and when you do you will have become an ass hole doing unto others as what was done unto you.

3. dont resent him, hes an idiot ans he knows not what he does. you could ask him, why do you always do that? hell look at you dumb founded "do what?'"

i been through the whole thing, its more of a game really. ego, pride.

good luck with the rebuild. im gonna peep and tom my banshees private parts too when i get my clymers. maybe this week if im lucky.