In Dire Need Of Help!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah its cus I have been given two different views by knowledgeble and not knowledgeble people on the forum and it seems that the ones that I thought knew the least are the ones that are right. Checked the cables and everything and nothing is hung up.

let me brief you in on something

ok so i had the carb slides in wrong up until yesterday, i rejetted the carbs with the slides the wrong way and it always bogged, so what did I do? I leaned the bitch out with the needle on 2nd clip from top, now that the slides are in the correct way I think the needles are what is leanning everything out because the smallest I can make the gap bewtween the slide and the bottom of the carb is about 5-6mm which is a lot in my opinion, im going to dealership to get some main jets just in case I am still lean(before they close). When i get home Im going to move the needle to 4th clip from top and see what that does(hopefully fix it)

thanks to all

I keep trying to adjust my idle but the dam tors mechanisms are messed up or something cus I took the filter off and Im turning the screws and nothing is happeneing

jesus christ why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I think you should just unhook the cable from the slides. This will give you a starting point if the trouble is before or in the carbs. You main jet isn't going to make it rev like that. If it fell out it will run bad, but not rev to the moon. It sounds like you knew that though. Somethings not letting the slide sit all the way down. You said it looks like there is 5-6mm spacing in there. Is that on both or one?

I keep trying to adjust my idle but the dam tors mechanisms are messed up or something cus I took the filter off and Im turning the screws and nothing is happeneing

jesus christ why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I think you should just unhook the cable from the slides. This will give you a starting point if the trouble is before or in the carbs. You main jet isn't going to make it rev like that. If it fell out it will run bad, but not rev to the moon. It sounds like you knew that though. Somethings not letting the slide sit all the way down. You said it looks like there is 5-6mm spacing in there. Is that on both or one?

its both carbs have a 5-6 mm space, im going to move the neelde clip now and see where that gets me because I think thats the problem

This is why I think you should just unhook the cable from the slides. This will give you a starting point if the trouble is before or in the carbs.

Regardless of this situation, I think that is an excellent idea to isolate the problem between carbs or cables...I never would of thought of that!!! I feel a little wiser now! :lol:

I was going to put my .02 of advice on how to fix this but this guy is a brick wall and the jetting he is doing is assinine! The jettting will not make it rev to the moon on idle.

Good luck and don't blow her up!

One last thing, get rid of the TORS and get the idle kit. All headaches will be cured!

Dustin

I was going to put my .02 of advice on how to fix this but this guy is a brick wall and the jetting he is doing is assinine!  The jettting will not make it rev to the moon on idle.

Good luck and don't blow her up!

One last thing, get rid of the TORS and get the idle kit.  All headaches will be cured!

Dustin

Im not a brick wall, if you would do a little reading you would see that what everyone is suggesting today was suggested yesterday and have already done it.

What the hell does "assinine" mean? math for marines? how about "english for marines"- its asinine- big words dont mean shit if u cant spell them right dawg

:P

I tried using the cable adjusters and the tors knobs but nothing. I think my idle is set to high and for some reason I cant adjust it. gonna crack her open and check out the deal. Im trying to im you through AIM krmit

Sorry, I'm at work right now but I'll respond when I get home if I can.

Ya know, the slides do have a couple grooves the pin could slide up on. There is a narrow one which goes all the way up the slide and there's another one that only goes about halfway. If one of the slides is using the "halfway" groove, it could cause excessive revving. Having the needles leaned out so much would definately cause to rev like crazy, but only once the throttle is pulled a little.

I would suggest starting from scratch. Tighten the cable nuts all the way down to give you the most slack, then turn the TORS knobs all the way to give the most slack (sorry, can't remember if that's clockwise or not).

Grrrrrrrr found the problem, it was the adjusting screws on bot tors. They were not engaged and were keeping the slides raised.

now I have to either buy new carbs or figure out how to fix it

My bad, I replied right after you posted. Just get the TORS elimination kit from somewhere. This is a good excuse to do it. I'll be glad when I get rid of those clunky things.

the part about this that i hate is that two days ago when i took it apart it was working fine(the carbs) then I go to put them back together and somehow both TORS tops shit themselves.....

grrrrrr

I put it all back together and I think I fixed it but I am in the middle of trying to start it again. Im on my 500th kick and still nothing.

the part about this that i hate is that two days ago when i took it apart it was working fine(the carbs) then I go to put them back together and somehow both TORS tops shit themselves.....

grrrrrr

I put it all back together and I think I fixed it but I am in the middle of trying to start it again. Im on my 500th kick and still nothing.

Choke tube?

grrrrrr

Choke tube?

yeah choke tube wasnt on(good call), the reason it wasnt starting was because the gas tank was empty after putting the carbs on and of about 10 times between yesterday and today. Man thanks to everyone for the help and ideas, now my carbs are on correctly it feels totally different, there is actually power and torque down low and I can finally pull wheelies. The only problem now is that I dont have idle cus the adjusting screws are messed up but I can live without idle.

hollah!!!!!!!!!