Dented Pipe Trick

If you have a dent in your pipe and want it out got a trick for a bud.

Take your pipe off plug one side and use a air comp. to the other side.

Take a torch and heat up the dent SLOW while adding air pressure.

BING dent comes out can't even tell where it was. Paint ,done.

Don't know what it will do to chrome ones(chip chrome) but if you heat slow shouldn't hurt the bling :D

Just did this last night to a buds at the shop

:angry:

I've tried that on my dented T-5. I made some aluminum plugs that I wired it with some heavy gauge wire, put an air chuck on one end, and then I pumped air to it (some was leaking out, but not a whole lot-plus I have 150lbs/in line pressure) and then heated it with my oxy actylene torch. It moved a little....but its still there.

I know this idea works, just not on mine for some reason. <_<

The air pressure thing works, but does'nt always get the dent totally out. I've also used a dent puller. had to drill a hole, to pull the dent and then weld the hole shut. My friend has one of those dent pullers that welds a peg to the metal, pull the dent with slide hammer and then just clip off the peg with sidecutters when your done.

my neighbor has a set up to do it, but I wouldnt recomend trying it without someone there a little more experienced with this sorta thing. To get the dent out clean you need ALOT of pressure and heat. Your pipe has become a giant pipebomb at this point, so be careful. :bolt: