Is 24:1 To Much Oil With Yama Lube R?

I ride my banshee very hard. It is all stock. I usually run the RPM's threw the roof so I am currently useing Yamalube 2 R in a 24:1 as the manual says. I do have a problem. I can RIde all day with no problems what so ever. If I let my shee sit for 1 hour or a day, it will give me problems such as back fireing, hold back reving and, smoke coming normally out of 1 pipe but not the other. When I ran it 32:1 I had no problems but Since I rev the crap out of it I run the 24:1. What do you reccomend I do? Also It made a scraping noise as I pushed it so Im guessing the chain needs lubeing. L8R

I'd go back to the 32:1 where you weren't having problems. Rev shouldn't have anything to do with your premix. Shee's like to be rev'd. :) It sounds like by your post when you're at 24:1 you're a bit rich & while you're riding it's doing ok, but sounds like you're fouling plugs.

That scraping could be many things,...need more info. Could be the chain, could be the chain roller on the swingarm, could be your brakes scraping the brake rotor, could be carrier bearings...etc. ;)

Man, 24:1 is just a too rich of a mixture. 32:1 is plenty of oil. I run a 40:1, although the 2R probably ought to not run any leaner than 32:1. You might consider changing to a brand that you can run like 36:1 or 40:1.

Def. go back to where it was before.

Later.

When your revving it up real high alot the engine is actually getting more oil because more fuel is flowing through the cylender. 32:1 is plenty rich. The owners manual calls for rediculously rich mixtures. :wacko:

32:1 is plenty of oil, I wouldn't run your Banshee any richer than that. I have been using that mixture for almost 16 years now in my Banshee and no oil related problems at all, and my Banshee isn't ridden easy.

I wonder why the manual calls for such a high mixture? I am going to switch to 32:1.

they would rather you foul a plug than burn up the moter because some people cant measure right so if they do mess up they have a little leadway so it dont go KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i ran 2-r 24:1, the oil was literally dripping out the ends of my pipes. switched to 40:1 first, but felt safer with 32:1. that's what i've been running for about 1 1/2 yrs. without problems.

I've ran 2-r at 32:1 as long as i've had my shee, and I've never had any problems. At 24:1 Yamaha will sell more oil and plugs, plus the engine won't fry, so of course they'll say 24:1 is best, but 32:1 is perfect for 2-r, I'm thinkin about switching to klotz though, i have a friend with a 99 shee that runs 50:1, it'd prolly be a little cheaper, what do you guys think?