Alot Of Tranny Fluid In Breathers

I have the correct amount of tranny fluid in there. I pulled the breather on the right side of the case to check to see if i have a shot crank seal and a bunch of oil dripped out of the breather tube and the line.I was going for the soap over the breather tube trick.If it bubbled the the seal is bad if not than its not the culprit.I also need a fresh top end but I'm trying to solve one thing at a time.

Great my 600th post has to be about this. <_<

Where did you disconnect the hose from? If you took it off the nipple on the side case...It's going to leak as that vent is below the oil level in the tranny. Don't know why they made it like that..but it will ALWAYS leak. I've tried to plug it, but it blows the plugs out.

It looks like the only way to see if the seal is bad is to do a leakdown test.Shit! thats what i was trying to avoid but it needs to be done.I cant ride with the crap compression and the right cylinder fouling.Sand went into a crack on a carb boot and got sucked in.I found a shovel full on my reeds and I know thats whats causing my dome pitting. Either the crank seal is gone or I have excessive blow-by in the cylinders or both.

The lean condition on that boot prolly already smoked a hole in the side of the piston already. You'll be able to clean ann the sand out while you're redoing the top end.

Good Luck!

Get a load of this compression. 126 left and 82 on the right.OUCH :blink: ! I have 21cc domes on her too! The left worked so damn hard because of the "lazy" right it dropped in compression as well. Time to go shopping for some top end kits. It's kinda depressing when you're shee is down :( .

How to get to Bridgeport,CT in a hurry>>>>>> :flush:.

Get a load of this compression. 126 left and 82 on the right.OUCH :blink: ! I have 21cc domes on her too! The left worked so damn hard because of the "lazy" right it dropped in compression as well. Time to go shopping for some top end kits. It's kinda depressing when you're shee is down :( .

How to get to Bridgeport,CT in a hurry>>>>>> :flush:.

That suck ASS, I fell your pain :cry:

Better pull that crank out of there as well. You have to clean the bearings out. Sand is a nasty thing in the lower end of the engine. If you don't, which I'm sure you don't want to, you will be experiencing a lower end failure very soon, which willl take the new top end along with it. Also get some new carb boots. I am also guessing that you may have melted the piston near the exhaust port. if you had a big enough leak to take in sand, It had to be large enough to cause damage to the air/fuel mix on that side...... Either way, if it was my motor, I would pull the whole thing down.... :wacko::shootself:

I will stand behind what boonman said 110%

Something similar happened to me a few years ago.... I went the cheap ass way out and just put pistons in it... a month or so later I took out one cyl, head, and a brand new set of pistons from a main rod bearing failure.

On a side note... There is no fast or easy way to bridgeport from your area.. Then you have to keep a close eye out for the popo on Rt8!

Tim, your engine inhaled sand too? The sand I took in was so evident that it was caked to the damn reeds! Looks like I'm splittin cases.This will be my first top and bottom end work done to the shee.I have a clymers bible and the BHQ.Two good tools to help the job along.

Tim, your engine inhaled sand too? The sand I took in was so evident that it was caked to the damn reeds! Looks like I'm splittin cases.This will be my first top and bottom end work done to the shee.I have a clymers bible and the BHQ.Two good tools to help the job along.

Brian;

If you need any help with it let me know... flywheel puller or just tech help... They are actually a piece of cake to do...

Thanks Tim. I will be starting the breakdown this afternoon.It's actually a good time to do the job because snow is on the ground and Coalfest is a few months from now.All I need is a tube of yamabond and some patience. I will PM you from time to time for guidance because you have been where I am now.