Should I Lenghten My Swing Arm?

Ill have a 385 Stroker all done up with everything needed. Check my Signature for more details. Would hurt to go +2? I ride a lot of trails and open roads and me n my buddy plan on making a road trip out to Mecca aka Glamis. What should i do? My builder said it should have about 70 horsepower. Is thing gonna be a wheelie machine non-stop?

If you ride a lot of trails a longer swing arm will increase your turing radius making tight turns pretty tough....not ideal for trail riding

From the sounds of it, maybe you should get it together and ride to see how it feels...then go from there.

Ill have a 385 Stroker all done up with everything needed. Check my Signature for more details. Would hurt to go +2? I ride a lot of trails and open roads and me n my buddy plan on making a road trip out to Mecca aka Glamis. What should i do? My builder said it should have about 70 horsepower. Is thing gonna be a wheelie machine non-stop?

Depends. Honestly I should fab a +4 for my bike, and I'm not 65 hp I would bet. Meanwhile, Fixitrod is running a stock swingarm with taller paddles on a taller tire with more paddles than me, and didn't seem to have much problem whoppin ass at Comp. Same with JKJK, he seemed to run just fine, and I think he had a -2.

If you ride a lot of trails and open roads, try it stock. If you are okay with how it handles, maybe consider going -2, but it will change how your bike handles. -2's turn easier, but the front end can loft easier. + lengths take more to turn around, and you do lose some traction due to there is less weight over the rear wheels. The front end won't come up as easy, which is kind of nice when you're moving fast and need to steer.

This is good info. I'm a hillclimb nut and an tworn between a +2 and a +4 swingarm. I'm running a stocker right now and the front wants to lift.No matter how far I lean into it. My HP is good guestimated around 50.Cant stand trails.

Screaminshee: It almost sounds like you need two different swingarms for what you described for your riding style.If you get a -2 you will do fine for trails because of the engine you have. your idle to 1/8 and 1/8 to 1/2 should be right there when you need it.A sprocket change may be necessary.

ye, but i heard if u get two big, and u ride trails or w/e it can be bad

It all depends on the kind of trail.

If its a tight trail with alot of tight curves a longer swing arm can make it harder to make the turn.

If you want to extended your swingarm just for Glamis I say get extensions for the swing arm...