What Is A Banshee Good For

i have ridden a shee for about a season mostly mx but a few hair scrambles and think it's the best thing on 4 wheels but all i hear that they are not any good on the track or for trails or xc or woods the only thing they are good is drags why is this?

trigg

Because BANSHEE's can be made to go faster then any other quad.And the people who say that a banshee isnt good for xc or woods probably own a four strokes.

You said you've ridden a banshee for a season. so what does it matter what other people say.If you want to set your bike up for mx or woods or trails or xc all you have to do is make the proper modifications just like if you want to set it up for drag its all in the mods.

Because BANSHEE's can be made to go faster then any other quad.And the people who say that a banshee isnt good for xc or woods  probably own a four strokes.

You said you've ridden a banshee for a season. so what does it matter what other people say.If you want to set your bike up for mx or woods or trails or xc all you have to do is make the proper modifications just like if you want to set it up for drag its all in the mods.

amen brother.

setup is key, with any quad, 4 stroke or 2 stroke. The reason they like their 4 strokes is they are a little easier to ride out of the box. A little setup on your banshee, and they won't get out on the track with you anymore.

Just remember to set your overall goal for the quad, then work on the mods necessary to get to that goal. If you set out with one goal and work to it, and do mods that work together, then your quad will be one sweet working machine.

i think you lot have got me wrong, i have no problem ith the shee and it set up for mx and i do alright against all the new bikes, all i wanted to know why is that every thing i read or hear people say it's old and dated and 4 strokes the way to go.

to be honest if i had to buy another bike and could afford anyone i wanted i would buy anothe shee or a trx250r i just don't like 4 strokes that much

trigg

You can get more travel out of the new fourstrokes with minimal mods. Banshee requires extensive moding to get that done. Also the handling is better on the new 4 strokes. Plus by 2005 all the manufactures are going to stop producing two strokes thanks to all the tree huggin' green peace hippies. So in that case 4 strokes are the way to go. I just don't like the power output of them.

I'd have to say is great for everything I never found a type of ride I didn't like, but I'd have to say sand pits & dunes really puts a smile on my face. And as for those 4 stroker riders ILMAO I never had a problem with the shee on trails. If you know how to ride it right it's a breeze at any speed. The guys with the 4 strokes just don't like the shee on trails cause once they spot one they know their done for. :D

only thing I have to say is that a shee is great in any situation if you do the right mods to it.

One thing I regret about them is their frame geometry. It is completely outdated and is a compromise between all sorts of riding (which is a good thing I guess) I ride woods, some of them tight, and some of them open. On the tight trails, even with my quad set up well for them, the only thing that keeps me even with a stock 400ex is the power output of my shee. I know when me and my buddy switch quads instead of me having to manhandle the shee through the woods, its a breeze on the 400ex. On jumps they arent as balanced as some of the new 4strokes, and the 250R.

Now you throw the shee engine in and 250R geometry frame and its a whole new ballgame, You're a heck of a force to be reckoned with, have the balance in the air, and can tear up trails like nothing else. For woods type riding and mx type riding, the geometry of the shee lacks what it could be, but the power of the engine makes up for it. The shee frame was just designed for many different types of riding and thrown into one basic package. I'd love to get my hands on a rolling chassis 250R setup for the shee.

The only trouble i have with my shee is getting it into the garage. Usually i just have to roll it in but if i try driving it in i come so close to hitting my other fourwheelers. The problem is there is a hump so its hard to get it in. Other than that its a blast, wheelies are no problem with it, it roosts like hell, and i think it jumps very nice (i have racing shocks though so it may be different for those of you with stockers.) Anyone who says the shee is outdated is stupid, It dont matter, when its 50 years old it will still be beating fourchokes. Its been 17 years and they have these new fourstrokes with ultra new technology, and they still cant beat a shee!!! :lol: Just think if they put some new 2stroke tech on the banshee such as powervalves and whatnot, it would be unbeatable. What other fourwheeler is based on a freakin crotch rocket engine for crying outloud :D

the guys who ride all the new 4 strokes where fooled into spending too much money on something that just will never have the power of a banshee. They read all the articles on how fast and great the 4 strokes are. Those articles where influenced by all the tree huggers. Either that or they just cant handle the banshees power and they need something that just about drives itsself with the little push button start and reverse. The 4 strokes have that nice smooth power that comes on nice and slow so they dont scare themselves. Dont worry about what everyone else says When the raptor came out the mags said it was so much faster than the "outdated banshee" Now we all know the difference dont we. Dont believe everything you read and anytime anyone says your shee isnt good for a certain kind of racing just offer them a race and show them that yamaha had their best product in 1987 and its still king. Lets see if they are still making raptors unchanged 17 years from now.